Was Wild Wild West the best film, NAY! piece of art, ever created?

Caporegime
I can't see the word masterpiece anywhere in the title :confused:

Oh, are we arguing semantics :);

artist's best work: the best piece of work by a particular artist or craftsperson

Claiming that the film is the 'best film ever created' and 'the best piece of art ever created' = masterpiece.

Anyway, enjoy Wild Wild West (D. Barry Sonnenfeld, 1999) :).

Have you seen After Earth (D. M. Night Shyamalan, 2013) ? ;).

Associate
Oh, are we arguing semantics :);

Claiming that the film is the 'best film ever created' and 'the best piece of art ever created' = masterpiece.
But I still can't see the word masterpiece anywhere in the title :confused:

Also, if we're arguing semantics then we're definitely also arguing over opinions too. Again, thanks for sharing.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Seriously bro, WWW was a funny film for kids but is way too cheesy to be considered a work of art haha

I like Will Smith, I don't find his acting to be bad at all, 6 degrees has a bit of naivety to it but he was this also. I am Legend I though he was pretty great in, that happiness one too, although that film was pretty lame all in all.

Bad boys he weren't too bad in either, I didn't think.

Man of Honour
I honestly believe that if you hold the opinion that this film is good then you should be removed from the gene pool.

Jus' sayin'.

UniqueHotKid.gif

Caporegime
It's not as good as The Room

wiki said:
The Room is a 2003 independent romantic drama film written, directed, produced by, and starring Tommy Wiseau. The film is primarily centered on the melodramatic love triangle between an amiable banker (Wiseau), his fiancée (Juliette Danielle), and his conflicted best friend (Greg Sestero). A significant portion of the film is dedicated to a series of unrelated subplots involving the friends and family of the main characters.

Entertainment Weekly has called The Room "the Citizen Kane of bad movies"[2] and a number of notable publications have labeled it as one of the worst films ever made.[3][4] Originally shown only in a limited number of California theaters, the film quickly developed a cult following as fans found humour in the film's bizarre storytelling and various technical and narrative flaws. Although Wiseau has retroactively characterized the film as a black comedy, audiences have generally viewed it as a poorly made drama, a viewpoint supported by some of the film's cast.[5][6] Within a decade of its premiere, the film was selling out showings around the United States and had inspired a book and video game.

Soldato
Given that Will Smith is a musical superstar and Salma Hayek has been credited with not just one, not two but three actual verified singing credits on Wikipedia it would surely be a trivial task to create such a dreamy item of entertainment.

Why I would even consider putting together such a masterpiece myself if I had just one of the skill, the time, the effort or the inclination.

Caporegime
Can you imagine how rad Pitch Perfect 2 would be if it had Will Smith, Salma Hayek and Anna Kendrick in it?

To call you an Orsen Welles in the making is hasty and presumptious but ... and but. It can never be :(

Back
Top Bottom