Which OS do you prefer?

Soldato
Windows Phone is my main phone, and even better now with WP 8.1

I have an Android as well, Moto-G, mainly because it has active synch work email on it. The company won't support WP. Plus for those apps I might need that aren't on WP.

Really hard to pick between the two, but I like the fresh approach of WP.

Soldato
I use a mixture, I really think if I had access to Google Services I'd move lock stock to Windows Phone 8.1 now. I tend to alternate between a Nokia 930 and an HTC One M8.

Although now that they have ruined Google Play Music by putting unusable (for me) device management restrictions that's another one struck off the list, I'm using Deezer instead now. Just Google Now and Hangouts left really, and Cortana is well on it's way to being as good as Google Now.

Actually, also forgot Chromecast and Sky Go support - but I have a Sony Tablet Z2 for those anyway.

Last edited:

AMG

AMG

Soldato
I perfer Windows phones.

Andoird always annoyed me, its not so much the OS but the phone that runs it...If you only pay sub £200 it always has a disadvantage, unlike windows phones...Basicly half the time its ethoir you got a good CPU, camera, RAM, storage etc but a tiny little screen...Or a huge screen with no firepower...

That just simply is not the case with Lumias I feel.

Soldato
Broke my android phone and using a lumia 520 at the minute. WP8.1 is great just a shame the apps are so far behind.

Really impressed for a £50 device.

jkb

jkb

Associate
Android for me, can't live in the walled garden and after telling my brother he is the only person in the world with a windows phone for the last couple of years I wouldn't dare get one :)

Soldato
I started off on iPhone, then moved to Android and had several Android phones over the last 5 or so years. After my Moto G stopped working properly with my work emails I sold it and bought a Lumia 630 and am hugely impressed with it.

For me the iPhone doesn't justify the price premium it comes with and I am no longer bothered about having the best Android device so generally look at £100-£150 handsets with my last 3 being the Nexus 4 which I swapped out for the Moto G which I then swapped for the 630 (this is within the last 18 months).

The only thing I miss on the 630 is Lightflow Lite to turn off email alerts overnight whilst leaving the phone on ringer. WP8.1 has Cortana which gives quiet hours, this turns off all notifications during set times and/or when you have calendar entries and you can then allow certain phone numbers to still call you, just don't forget anybody important :)

And then my only complaint with the 630 is there is no flash for the frankly quite poor camera, but as this was my first Windows phone the low price was more important so I could test the OS.

Quick Screenshot

temporary_zpsc3240d54.png

Last edited:

emu

emu

Associate
had about 20 phones over the past 2 years including the top end android ones

i love the simplicity of ios

i love the customisation options of android

but for me windows os is the best out of the three

currently running an lg g2 but looking to make the switch back to windows

there is just something about the windows phones i like

Associate
OP
Was using iOS for a long time now.
Feels clean and quick to use.
But as soon as you fancy shifting bits around, the phone is a massive headache. And Itunes is the worst.

Giving WP 8.1 a try

Back
Top Bottom