Belgian Grand Prix 2014, Spa-Francorchamps - Race 12/19

Associate
I'd say it's a bit ridiculous to suggest that what Rosberg did was intentional - It certainly wasn't his finest moment but i don't thing he was trying to 'take out' Hamilton.

I do hope that however it played out, the points difference between the two of them at the end of the race isn't huge though, purely to keep the championship as close as possible.

Soldato
I'd say it's a bit ridiculous to suggest that what Rosberg did was intentional - It certainly wasn't his finest moment but i don't thing he was trying to 'take out' Hamilton.

I do hope that however it played out, the points difference between the two of them at the end of the race isn't huge though, purely to keep the championship as close as possible.

I never said it was intentional. He made a mistake but the end result was the same, he compromised his team, his teammate and was lucky not to end his own race.

Caporegime
How has it taken so long to sort out Alonsos penalty?

No idea except for, doing it when he can come in within a few laps and take it with his normal pitstop is very... odd. Because it should both have been a 15 second penalty and done in the first 5 laps. even the 5 second penalty in the first 5 laps would have dropped him to the back, waiting 15 laps means he loses 5 seconds not 20-25, and because of the stretching out of the pack he loses only a few extra places.

The cynic in me says they waited purely to make that as easy as possible for him.

Associate
I never said it was intentional. He made a mistake but the end result.was the same, he compromised his team, his teammate and was lucky not to end his own race.

Sorry - wasn't really aimed at you - Just a bit delayed hitting the post button! I agree it showed a real lack of judgement, even more so against your team mate.

Back
Top Bottom