What have you done to your car today?

Caporegime
I think the play in the shaft in my old turbo is perhaps a little out of tolerance?!

It was smokey and didn't sound good that's for sure!

Anyway, finished fitting the new one today.

Not really much you can see of the turbo, but I do love the tubular manifold! :D

20140824_193134.jpg

It goes well now, GT28RS :)

That was how my turbo was after it spat out the turbine into the exhaust! Is that standard placement for the engine in a MK3 Astra? It is awefully forward of the front suspension!

Soldato
That was how my turbo was after it spat out the turbine into the exhaust! Is that standard placement for the engine in a MK3 Astra? It is awefully forward of the front suspension!

Damn! Luckily mine stayed in one piece, and was still producing 1.3bar!

It is yeah, it's how they all are, I think the angle makes it look further forward than it is.

Associate
Fitted reverse parking sensors to the Octavia Yesterday, they work a treat - even if one of them is slightly misaligned by 2mm you cant really tell unless your looking for it :(

Associate
Gave it a wash today after a horrendous weekend of removing the manifold because it was cracked. Got it welded back up and replaced it. Hope it lasts, really don't want to be taking it off again, everything seems to be really inaccessible on the A3 2.0fsi.

Permabanned
Full tank of shell vpower+. Bit of a clean. Got major £££ to spend soon not looking forward to this:
£196(iirc) tax end of month.
Mot
Service
1 alloy wheel really needs repairing
all 4 tyres are different thanks to having to replace a rear one, the garage telling me they had the same one in stock (bridgestone potenza) and fitting a hankook and then explaining that they meant the same profile not the same tyre :rolleyes: so ideally I need to replace all four with contisports which will cost me around £600 :rolleyes:
So probably looking at spending £1k just to keep it on the road :(
Totally bored now too, spending money to run a car you are bored of seems epically pointless.

Soldato
Fitted a new steering wheel and airbag module from a 3 year newer car. Lots of places said it'd be incompatible or need modifying, but it appears nobody knew for sure and despite being quite different physically, it's the same electronically so was plug and play.

That was last night. Today I'm removing the ECU for a trip to Nottingham for a supposed extra 70BHP.

Caporegime
ContiPremiumContacts turned up this morning. :)

Will get them fitted ASAP.

Forgot to deflate the crap tyres from 2.6 back to 1.9 after my trip back from Reading with 4 people and a stuffed boot. Went out in the rain with just me in the car, and lost the back at 18~mph on a roundabout. Caught it again mind you. :p

Still need to clean it and polish out those surface scratches...

Caporegime
have you got those silly looking tyres that don't fit the rim properly and look completely utterly stupid, along with bad camber which looks even more stupid? :p

I need to explain something........ :p

The wheels in my sig are 18" BBS RS replica's with black centres and chromed lips, they have some stretched tyres on which I can't remember the spec of. They don't belong to me, and belong to someone in ClubPolo. We fitted them for the picture, and then put my 16" BBS RX2's back on afterwards. My RX2's had the correct tyre spec, not stretched tyres, but since then I have sold them and reverted to stock steelies. :)

Soldato
I must say that I have gone off the look of the car in my sig slightly, but it was a good picture, so I stuck with it. The car looked better with the RX2's fitted, because they were a more suitable size, with normal tyres. :)

I am only kidding with you :)

I was young (still young :p) and having fun blowing my money on trying to make my car look different. Did you ever see what i did to my fiesta st? I stuck what could only be described as a snow plow onto the front of it. Everyone, and i mean everyone told me to get rid, but it looked awesome to me at the time. When i look at it now though, well... What was i thinking.

Caporegime
I am only kidding with you :)

I was young (still young :p) and having fun blowing my money on trying to make my car look different. Did you ever see what i did to my fiesta st? I stuck what could only be described as a snow plow onto the front of it. Everyone, and i mean everyone told me to get rid, but it looked awesome to me at the time. When i look at it now though, well... What was i thinking.

Haven't seen it. Any pics? :p

As far as modifications go, I only went as far as putting genuine VW alloys on (The BBS RX2's were off of a VW Golf Anniversary, with VW centre caps), replacing OEM Polo 9N parts with OEM Polo 9N3 parts to refresh the styling slightly, and replacing the shocks with AP Sport coilovers. Spent £650 on it.

Since then I have reverted the car to completely bone stock, because I was gonna sell. Got £540 back. So not too bad. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom