Crop Circles

Man of Honour
I am sure nearly all crop circles are man made but my Granddad who was a farmer in the 50s and 60s in Cambridge said he remembers seeing circles in the corn 10 to 15 feet wide when he worked the fields. These were just circles no other patterns involved and they were always just put down to the wind at the time.

Whirlwinds

or Aliens

Permabanned
OP
....I literally can't even.

As has been said, since when has darkness been an issue? We now have things called torches, or even better, night vision. You seem to find it hard to believe mostly because they do it in darkness? You technically wrote the post above in darkness, but guess what, you used electric light to help you see. : /

The patterns are just done using a rope and a simple understanding of geometry.

Why do you find that so hard to believe?
Have you used nightvision? Even military spec night vision completely messes with your field of vision and depth of vision.

http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~johnson/papers/night_accidents.pdf

Permabanned
OP
Crabwood1%20ASCII.jpg

Soldato
"Did some guys with rope and boards make this late at night while no one was looking."

Well no, there was also a computer involved if there's a binary encoded message in there.

People need to understand there's a lot of nerds into Aliens and all that crap. Maybe they use Differential GPS. But dammit man it's not aliens man what's wrong with you?

Caporegime
As impressive as they are and the ones in the link, if you draw a picture like that to look like the photograph you might as well save yourself 3 months and just use the photo. Seems an awful waste of effort to copy something to look like a photo.

then why paint or draw anything when you could just photograph it?

Caporegime
Have you used nightvision? Even military spec night vision completely messes with your field of vision and depth of vision.

http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~johnson/papers/night_accidents.pdf

I'm not sure if you're a bit dim or if you're deliberately trolling... You've put forward some questions, skepticism and they've been answered. You've then ignored the answers, not really engaged and still seem to be putting forward some view that these crop circles are not man made - albeit with no basis for that view.

Caporegime
Welcome to another good old twoblacklines troll thread. I would say they only make sense in his own head, but I'm not even sure of that any more.

Man of Honour
For the sake of argument, I'll ignore the evidence of them being made by humans for the moment.

So, ignoring the evidence for the moment, a question or two comes to mind for those who think that crop markings are made by aliens.

So...you've got aliens with technology so advanced that they can act physically on Earth. That means they're either here physically or can somehow act physically over vast distances. However they do it, the point for this question is that they can act physically on Earth with precision and for extended periods of time.

So why would they use that to make large, complex marks in fields? If they wanted to communicate, they could do so far more effectively. If they wanted to remain hidden, they wouldn't make large, complex marks in fields. The binary message one assumes that not only can they act physically on Earth, but they also understand binary, the ASCII standard and English and probably the way that optical discs work (since the pattern mimics an optical disc). If for some reason they thought that was the best way to communicate, why such a message? Why not "Greetings to the people of Earth from <whatever they call themselves>" and a message that means something? Why not instructions on how we can communicate with them? Even if that's with binary crop circles, they would at least tell us where to make them. "Leave a message in the field next to this one", or something.

The only answer I've seen to these question was comedy from Douglas Adams - it's all adolescent aliens, probably drunk, who are messing with primitive civilisations (i.e. us) for a laugh. While a joke, it's the only explanation I've heard that accounts for the the bizzare behaviour of these hypothetical aliens.

Caporegime
surel;y if you want to comunicate in this weard way laser etching the circles into the side of the shard would be much more effective.

Permabanned
OP
Oh I have read the replies. But still no facts are given. Because a majority says "it is X" it does not mean it is X.

Answer me this Angillion: If aliens exist and they are far more technology advanced than we are...is it such a stretch to think they they have studied us and understand binary? Maybe they invented binary a million years ago. Maybe they want to send a message to the clever people in society hence used binary to express themselves.

I still can't see how two 60 year old men with some planks managed to "stomp out" around 900 characters of binary (guess have not counted) in perfection, in under 12 hours, in the dark + "draw" the rest of the picture.

Like someone said, even GPS is not accurate enough. Even if they used 3 gps' to triangulate the co-ordinates...that would take ages but they did the whole thing in under 12 hours of darkness.

I am not seeing that.

Also, some of the stalks were lengthened. How is this possible? People say using microwaves but an experiment showed that just burned the vegetation.

Caporegime
Maybe they invented binary a million years ago. Maybe they want to send a message to the clever people in society hence used binary to express themselves.

then why squash crops? why not something more sensible like say writing it on a bit of metal and leaving it on someones desk? or etching it on a runway or melting the desert into glass?

also you've been shown a video of one being made and a guy who makes way bigger ones by walking in snowshoes.

Caporegime
one thing iwil lsay is you've clearly spent lots of time "researcing" how they could be done b yanything but humans.

have you however decided to research in say how to create these things as pranks, or via human methods?

I know this second option isn't as appealing as it starts with a lot of boring maths, but you'll learn more.

You believe it is impossible to do this as a human yes?

Go try to do it. If you succeed your world just got a bit bigger, if you fail least you'll have had some fun.

Back
Top Bottom