Why do people buy Rustlers microwave burgers?

Soldato
Oh god, man up. It's just a bad burger, not a pile of dog ****. You're as bad as the people who say McDonald's makes them feel physically sick, like it's the worst thing ever. Way to over exaggerate.

I eat them because I'm a poor student. No, I'm not dead. No, I'm not fat. No, I haven't thrown up because of the apparent awful taste which is worse than any other taste in the WHOLE world!

Don't worry it's just food snobbery. Apparently it's "cool" to hate fast food and only live on lentils and hummus in GD.

There's a lot of "my body is a temple" types on here. Fact is, when it's 2 a.m and you've been drinking all evening you'll find them in KFC with the rest of us.

Caporegime
OP
Don't worry it's just food snobbery. Apparently it's "cool" to hate fast food and only live on lentils and hummus in GD.

There's a lot of "my body is a temple" types on here. Fact is, when it's 2 a.m and you've been drinking all evening you'll find them in KFC with the rest of us.

Just to be clear, I'm not a food snob, I abuse my body because I am an utter clot, and I do love a take-away from time to time, and if I could do so without damaging my health, I would have them more often!

But that burger was several magnitudes worse than any take-away food I have eaten, including kebabs from the most dodgy looking of kebab shops. :p

Caporegime
Lots of high horses here. I don't mind a rustlers now and then, but only buy them when they're a pound, and eat them out of sheer convenience or tiredness, particularly after a 12 hour night shift. Everything in moderation as they say.

I can't eat KFC though, messes with my stomach. Annoying too, I used to love KFC.

That said, I used to eat almost exclusively junk food and was becoming quite the porker. I've since been watching what I eat for the most part and that coupled with some exercise made me feel considerably healthier.

Still a fatty, I'm a work in progress :p

Soldato
Rustlers quarter pounders are something I love. Though I only put the bread in the microwave for around 15 seconds, just to warm them up slightly.

EDIT: As above, I also only purchase them when they're half price :)

Caporegime
Ingredients

Beef Burger (43%), Beef (85%), Beef Fat, Textured Soya Protein (6%), Dextrose, Flavour Enhancer: Monosodium Glutamate; Salt, Stabiliser: Triphosphates; Sugar, Egg White Powder, Caramelised Sugar, Colour: Ammonia Caramel; Flavourings, Smoke Flavouring, Hydrolysed Vegetable Protein, Malt Extract, Yeast Extract], Sesame Seed Bun (40%), [Wheat Flour, Water, Vegetable Oil, Yeast, Sesame Seeds, Salt, Sugar, Emulsifiers: Mono- and Diacetyl Tartaric Acid Esters of Mono- and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids, Mono- and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids, Preservative: Calcium Propionate; Flour Treatment Agent: Ascorbic Acid], Rustlers Sauce (10%), [Water, Onion, Mustard, Sugar, Spirit Vinegar, Tomato Paste, Modified Maize Starch, Vegetable Oil, Gherkin, Salt, Preservative: Potassium Sorbate; Dill Oil, Colour: Paprika Extract], Processed Cheese (7%), [Cheese, Water, Whey Powder, Skimmed Milk Powder, Butter, Emulsifying Salts: Sodium Polyphosphate, Trisodium Phosphate, Sodium Citrates; Calcium Phosphate, Milk Proteins, Salt, Colours: Beta Carotene, Paprika Extract]

That's actually less awful than I imagined.

Man of Honour
Bit harsh. The food might be crap, but we all eat crap sometimes.

Okay that's fair, but perhaps I was stereotyping with those that eat this sort of rubbish regularly.

It's fair, I have a pizza once a month or so, and do go out for a nice Byron burger from time to time, so as you say even I am guilty of eating poor foods.

However if you're going to eat poor quality food, at least make it enjoyable!

Soldato
Deffo the way to go with a Rustlers. I dont mind the aberdeen angus one if you toast the bun and add an extra layer of processed cheese on top.

Was going to say the same!

Only tend to eat this sort of stuff when I have been out on the lash and can't be bothered to cook something decent mind.

Soldato
Okay that's fair, but perhaps I was stereotyping with those that eat this sort of rubbish regularly.

It's fair, I have a pizza once a month or so, and do go out for a nice Byron burger from time to time, so as you say even I am guilty of eating poor foods.

However if you're going to eat poor quality food, at least make it enjoyable!

There's food that isn't the best, and then there's things like these which are just hideous.

I can't decide what's worse, these Rustlers or those pies in a tin.

Soldato
Used to eat them quite a bit when I was a student, it was a convenience thing, too many students, not enough cookers.

I seem to remember the hotdogs were significantly less crap than the burgers, don't imagine I'd much like the taste these days though, people evolve.

Back
Top Bottom