New essential Android apps thread

Soldato
Anyone who hasn't heard of Pushbullet before needs to try it out.

So easy to send files/links and other things to and from the desktop. Recently updated to allow reading and replying of text messages on the pc is such an awesome feature!

Playstore

Chrome Add on

+1, I stopped using the Chrome extension/Firefox add-on in favour of their Windows client: https://www.pushbullet.com/apps

Means I don't need to leave the browsers open in the background to see my notifications.

Man of Honour
Caldav-sync and CardDAV-Sync

Both very useful for anyone running an owncloud server as it allows you to sync your contacts and calendar perfectly as if syncing to Google.

Other than the fact I have to have a Google account for the Play Store I'm no longer tied in to anyone's eco system by hosting all my own cloud and email

Soldato
Im after some games i can play on my tablet for a 10 hour flight, preferably free.

Have all the angry birds which are all well and good, but think im going to need something else to pass some time.

Also have FM2013, but i just cant get into it like i can on a PC, its just doesnt seem the same :(

Any suggestions? :)

Soldato
So those of you who liked thumb controls on your browser can now get it in Chrome using this xposed module :) http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.jt5.xposed.chromepie

Works great for me!

Thanks for the heads up. Just wish when you close all tabs in Chrome it doesn't land on that blank page. Would make more sense if the landing page was google search page or better yet you have specify your own homepage.

Soldato
Chrome removed a bunch of buttons I use to a menu and now Google have decided that hangouts no longer requires a tablet interface and also made Avatars round whilst leaving the rest of the interface square.

GG Google GG

Soldato
Has anyone tried the Hangouts Dialler yet? What does it do? Is it basically free calling to other Hangouts users, so something like O2's TuGo (but obviously with the limitation of Hangouts users).

Back
Top Bottom