** FREE 8GB 2400MHz MEMORY KIT & AMD GOLD VOUCHER WITH POWERCOLOR 290/290X PCS+ CARDS!! **

Associate
Not an error as the RAM has run out, so were just trying to stop customers buying.

RAM will be back in next week and which point the FREE RAM will be back as will the lower prices. :)

P.S. Or if you prefer I can do the price slightly lower than it was but with no FREE memory kit, let us know.

AHHH, I would have jumped on it before hand to secure it. No worries

I was either going to go with 2 x 290's or 1 x 290x for now. I hadn't exactly decided yet. The 290's with the free ram was a pretty epic deal.

Let me know what price you can do either without the free ram. It's a pretty beefy build. 5960x, possibly Asus rampage V extreme or X99 Deluxe(looks really nice) and of course RAM!!!

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
AHHH, I would have jumped on it before hand to secure it. No worries

I was either going to go with 2 x 290's or 1 x 290x for now. I hadn't exactly decided yet. The 290's with the free ram was a pretty epic deal.

Let me know what price you can do either without the free ram. It's a pretty beefy build. 5960x, possibly Asus rampage V extreme or X99 Deluxe(looks really nice) and of course RAM!!!

Well the FREE RAM offer will be back later next week, we just sold them quicker than we expected and the next shipment of RAM is not due until next week.

Maybe I can offer the Kingston RAM in stead and sort a bundle with the Kingston for this week, if any help?

Associate
Well the FREE RAM offer will be back later next week, we just sold them quicker than we expected and the next shipment of RAM is not due until next week.

Maybe I can offer the Kingston RAM in stead and sort a bundle with the Kingston for this week, if any help?

Depends on pricing of the bundle. I'm waiting to find out how much the CPU and motherboard will be. How about bundling some 2666MHZ DDR4 RAM :D:D:D

I may have to just go with a single 290x for now, depending on pricing.

Associate
Not an error as the RAM has run out, so were just trying to stop customers buying.

RAM will be back in next week and which point the FREE RAM will be back as will the lower prices. :)

P.S. Or if you prefer I can do the price slightly lower than it was but with no FREE memory kit, let us know.

Gibbo, I don't know if this is the right thread to ask, but do you know if you will be offering the new never settle space edition codes from the 2nd Sept (i.e. as the current ones will be invalid) or will there be gap until you get them in?

(I also put the question in the "AMD Never Settle Space Edition adds Alien: Isolation, Star Citizen" thread in GC forum as well but thought it's easier for you to see it here.)

Associate

So Gibbo,

What kind of deal have you got for me. Looking for any 2 290's to go with the rest of the build. The powercolors just happen to have the free ram, but also a great price.

Now I'm seeing the MSI 10-percent off and that is really appealing.

OcUK Staff
OP
So Gibbo,

What kind of deal have you got for me. Looking for any 2 290's to go with the rest of the build. The powercolors just happen to have the free ram, but also a great price.

Now I'm seeing the MSI 10-percent off and that is really appealing.

MSI is best price and won't get any better.

Or wait for this FREE RAM offer to be back on, which will be next week.

Associate
MSI is best price and won't get any better.

Or wait for this FREE RAM offer to be back on, which will be next week.

I notice the MSI or other cards for that matter, aren't showing the free never settle bundle anymore.

Also, the r9 290x powercolour was priced at £359:99, making it almost as cheap as the MSI 290x with the discount. However, the Powercolour had the free RAM.

If I wait, I will end up having to place an extra order for the card when the memory comes in and won't have it for the build in time.

OcUK Staff
OP
I notice the MSI or other cards for that matter, aren't showing the free never settle bundle anymore.

Also, the r9 290x powercolour was priced at £359:99, making it almost as cheap as the MSI 290x with the discount. However, the Powercolour had the free RAM.

If I wait, I will end up having to place an extra order for the card when the memory comes in and won't have it for the build in time.

Never Settle is now gone, new Never Settle will come in coming weeks.

Associate
Yikes, starting to wish I just bought the cards a last week instead of waiting. :(

The new "AMD Never Settle Space Edition" should be available within a couple of weeks so it's not long to wait if you want some free games.

The old promotion was always going to expire this month so at least with the new codes next month you'll get a lot longer to choose want you want and with the new games available as well.

Associate
The new "AMD Never Settle Space Edition" should be available within a couple of weeks so it's not long to wait if you want some free games.

The old promotion was always going to expire this month so at least with the new codes next month you'll get a lot longer to choose want you want and with the new games available as well.

but but... X99 is tomorrow!!.:(:(

I'm not all that bothered by the free games to be honest. Although the campaign was extended until the 1st of September, so OCUK must have run out of codes or something.

I was planning everything for tomorrow and that's why I asked previously if the deal would be still good until tomorrow. Sadly things went south before hand. I would have gladly bought the cards and DDR4 RAM a few days ago and at least had the ready.

Not sure what to do now!!

Associate
Will the free Ram come back :S I just got money back from my ex... 17 months late better late than never. Upgrading from a Q6600 ;) Think i'll frame my 7 year old CPU.

Soldato
Darn.... now I am tempted to get one to have 3 x pcs+ 290's rather than two with one reference Sapphire.... Hmmm, I really shouldnt be spending anything.... ARGH!

Associate
Hm, given I was looking at upgrading the old 7950 to 290/290X and potentially RAM, is this memory any sort of upgrade from what I have now ? The Kingston HyperX sticks I have (2x8Gb) are running at 1600 at 8-9-9-24, and the Sandybridge/P67 mobo combination only clocks up to 2133, so am thinking could I get CL10 on the AMD memory at that speed, and would I see a benefit ? I mainly game with the machine, playing Arma3 which does benefit from faster RAM, and Insurgency. Selling my old RAM and using the Gold card makes for a seriously cheap GPU upgrade.

cj

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom