My loop has just gone belly up :(

Associate
Hi guys & gals,

As title, There I was sat playing Payday 2 about to break into a vault when suddenly my pump started making a horrible vibrating sort of noise, I quickly shut down to investigate and it looks like the pump is faulty, I bought the 750 Raystorm kit from ocuk in January and this is the 2nd bay/res combo I've had fail now, I have requested an rma so I am after something as a replacement now, I will need,

CPU block (1150)
Pump
Res
(I already have a 360mm rad to use)

All of which needs to fit into a Corsair 750D, I'm 99% sure I don't want another bay res combo unless there is something decent out there,

What would you guys recommend ? I'll effectively have £130 to play with although I am willing to add more out of my own pocket to fund something really decent, I only cool the CPU and board so don't need any additional rads.

Last question, what quick disconnects could I use (G1/4 fitting) as draining my loop was a right pain and I've ended up getting fluid all over the place haha.

Thanks guys!

Associate
Hi I changed my bay/pump combo to a XSPC D5 Photon 170 Reservoir/Pump Combo, which I love.

I fitted it to my 750D via two holes on the front area right behind the front fans. Yes I did have to locate my 2x 3.5" hard drives into the optical drive bays as I have a 240 rad at the bottom of the case.

Airflow is not affected and it works brilliantly.

Associate
As for a drain, I added a t fitting to the output on my bottom rad. One goes back to the res, the other to a length of hose with a female compression fitting with a g1/4 screw cap. It sits between the side of the psu and case. Wouldn't even know it was there till you need it. I then just dump it into a bucket and unscrew the cap.

You could do something similar and hide it in one of your optical bays, if your rad is mounted at the top.

Associate
OP
I did have a 360 rad and a 240 but thinking about it i now think its overkill so going to go with just a 360 rad, hopefully this will make it easier to bleed in future,

Do you have any picks of how you mounted the D5 Photon, I do like the look of a tube res but not sure where or how to mount it, I have taken out one of the hard drive 3.5 cages already but I do have one cage left as I have 3 3.5 drives which cant all live in the top of the 5 1/4 bays as I also have a fan controller.

Thanks for the suggestions mate, I'll have a look at it later on

Back
Top Bottom