*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Associate
I went down the ps3 upgrade to ps4 route, its all installed on the ps3.

Will I get to preload for ps4 as the option is not there yet, I've a nasty feeling I won't be able to download next gen till its out.

Any1 know for sure

Associate
Mine arrived today. Can't play thou since servers are down which is fair enough considering it''s not officially released until Tuesday.

Soldato
So both versions can be played by any profile on both consoles? I thnk that's what you're saying. Anyone know when you'll be able to buy it/pre-load on Xbox 360?

Aye.
I download loads of games and my missus can play them no issue, with her account. As long as you download to the one console, if you have another Xbox 360, you'll need to transfer the licence, otherwise, the owners profile needs to be signed on. Hope this is clearer :)

Associate
Aye.
I download loads of games and my missus can play them no issue, with her account. As long as you download to the one console, if you have another Xbox 360, you'll need to transfer the licence, otherwise, the owners profile needs to be signed on. Hope this is clearer :)

You dont need to transfer licences.
Use your profile to download the game onto your 2nd Xbox. Then use your profile to re-download the game on your Xbox.

Soldato
You dont need to transfer licences.
Use your profile to download the game onto your 2nd Xbox. Then use your profile to re-download the game on your Xbox.

The profile that owns the game must sign in for other users to use unless you transfer licence via XB website afaik. The downloaded Xbox game can still run it till licence is transferred.

Soldato
The profile that owns the game must sign in for other users to use unless you transfer licence via XB website afaik. The downloaded Xbox game can still run it till licence is transferred.

So in theory then I could:

Buy the game digitally on my son's Xbox 360 signed in as me.

He can play the game on his own account on this Xbox 360.

I can then download it and play it on my Xbox One as myself.

When he gets his own Xbox One I could transfer the Destiny licence to his Xbox One from mine, he can then sign in as himself and play Destiny on his own console.

I could also play Destiny signed in as myself on my Xbox One.

Associate

No, when you buy a game it has two licenses. One attached to the console and the other to your gamertag.

For example.....you have two Xboxes. X1 is yours, X2 is the wifes.

Log in to X2 with your profile. Buy content. Content is linked to X2 AND your gamertag.

Both Xboxes can play the game at the same time and on different profiles.

Associate
So in theory then I could:

Buy the game digitally on my son's Xbox 360 signed in as me.

He can play the game on his own account on this Xbox 360.

I can then download it and play it on my Xbox One as myself.

When he gets his own Xbox One I could transfer the Destiny licence to his Xbox One from mine, he can then sign in as himself and play Destiny on his own console.

I could also play Destiny signed in as myself on my Xbox One.

The bit about Xbox 360 is correct.

Not sure about Xbox One as you will have already downloaded it onto your Xbox One.

I havent looked into managing licenses on Xbox One.

Soldato
The bit about Xbox 360 is correct.

Not sure about Xbox One as you will have already downloaded it onto your Xbox One.

I havent looked into managing licenses on Xbox One.

I think I'd just need to make his Xbox One the "home console" so that any content under my profile can be played by anyone without me being signed in. On my own console I should also be able to play it as I'm signed in.

Back
Top Bottom