• iPhone 6 plus 16gb

Votes: 18 3.3%
  • iPhone 6 plus 64gb

Votes: 109 20.1%
  • iPhone 6 plus 128gb

Votes: 62 11.4%

• Total voters
Soldato
Unlimited minutess and 20GB available for tethering rather than 4GB.

I'd expect people upgrading to get better than what's available for new customers, not worse.

Ah right, 600 minutes is more than enough for me and I've never tethered but use a lot of data, so wouldn't gain anything from that, but lose a tiny amount more money and some perks of 3.

Associate
Ah well at least you have a good excuse!

I would still order one online before queuing just in case you miss out at least you have a slot that you could cancel if you luck out at the retail store.

Yeah I am actually tempted to just order online and wait. At least then i can get the size/colour i want instead of just settling for what the store has in stock.

Give me something to look forward to :)

Associate
I managed to reserve a 6 64GB this morning at an apple store. It says collection between 12-1pm next Friday, but am I going to get there and still find a massive queue?

When I went to Regents Street on iPad Air launch day. There were 2 queues. The standard one and another for people who reserved online. So I assume its the same for the 6/6+

Soldato
I managed to reserve a 6 64GB this morning at an apple store. It says collection between 12-1pm next Friday, but am I going to get there and still find a massive queue?

Can't speak for your store but here in Brighton ( I went in to ask this morning ) there will be two entrances. One for non-reserved. One for pre-reserved.

The 'genius' said you will be guaranteed to be seen and served in your allotted hour.

I would imagine that is the template for the rest of the country too.

Mind you, you may be a foreign country by then :D

Caporegime
I'm ordering online now after reading your above threads I was going to reserve a 6 at meadow hall ....I have to much self respect to queue like a chump for a phone....:eek:

I'm even a tad embarrassed I'm going to apple if I'm honest...but work gave me an ipad and I love it and my samsung s2 is on it's last legs....:o

Soldato
This seems like one of the better deals out there at the moment (phones.co.uk) for those not needing big data.

£885.75 total

6qGaBEk.png

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I know in the past I've walked past the store in Cardiff, and they've had a long "general" queue and they scan any new joiners to ask if they've pre-ordered.

Those people usually get let in to the store first (before official opening time) and then come opening they let in the general queue and set up a separate queue for others that are collecting pre-orders.

Soldato
I have one order online, but saying delivery: 29 Sep, 2014 - 02 Oct, I have also reserved one to pick up on the 19th, I don't want to cancel the online order yet just incase the delivery date changes. But when is my last safe moment to cancel before getting charged, do you think can cancel on the day when i have picked the reserved one up?

It doesnt really matter. You can return up to 2 werks and get a full refund. Just buy it on credit card. Problem solved

Soldato
If I had known 3's plans this morning I would have bought the phone on a credit card outright for £620 and then paid it off within three months. Interest cost would have took me to a phone cost of around £640. Plus the £18/mo SIM only contract would be a total cost of £1,072.

Currently I will be paying £47/mo with £100 upfront = £1,228. Thus, not ordering this morning outright has either cost me a month's wait for the phone or approx £150.

Holy moses! for a phone, £1,228 - seriously. I'm not trying to wind you up but that costs more than my i5 iMac. There's so many good phones on the market that wouldn't cost you anywhere near that sort of cash.

I have an iPad so use iOS and simply don't understand what you find so good about it. That's one of the reasons I have an Android phone.

I can't get my head around those numbers, I feel I must have slipped into an alternate universe.

Associate
Had a fright earlier when I checked my order on the Apple site and it said there had been a problem with the card authorisation, no email though! :eek:

Phoned the bank and they cleared it, just hope it's not put me back down the queue.

hmmm i had a similar think, got a text from barclaycard saying they had declined the payment, but to text yes if it was authorised and then retry

that was at 8:30pm tried calling apple but on hold till lines closed

my apple account doesnt say payment declined, just say processing,

but checking my card all day and tonight it has £619 in pending payments! has it now gone thru or not,

on a side note, not that im synical or anything, but hedge my bets after the pre ordering debarckle this morning and reserved for pick up as well, and then thought i would cancel once the online order had completed,

however as i can still cancell the online order att, thought i would just check my reservation, and although i have an email comfirming it, apple says i dont have any reservations booked WTF!!

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

2GB of data is nothing in this day and age!

Also, if you have a lot of friends with iOS devices, you'll be sending messages with iMessage, so really, you don't need a massive text allowance. I think I use 20 of my 5000 messages because the mrs uses an iPhone and those 20 are failed iMessages.

If you can afford it, the sim-only plans are always better because you're not paying for the phone on top of a (usually poor tariff).

Soldato
Holy moses! for a phone, £1,228 - seriously. I'm not trying to wind you up but that costs more than my i5 iMac. There's so many good phones on the market that wouldn't cost you anywhere near that sort of cash.

I have an iPad so use iOS and simply don't understand what you find so good about it. That's one of the reasons I have an Android phone.

I can't get my head around those numbers, I feel I must have slipped into an alternate universe.

You don't just get the phone for that cost IMO. Apple has the best customer service out of any company i have ever dealt with e.g. Walking into an Apple store with a handset from insurance that was faulty and them swapping it there and then, no questions asked. Or them allowing me to buy a phone and keep it for 3 weeks (with a note from a manager) knowing I was going to return it for a full refund after 3 weeks by which time my insurance handset will have came through.

Try that at another company and I would have been laughed at.

"Im going to buy this item from you, use it for 3 weeks then return it and want my money back because im getting it from someone else"

Back
Top Bottom