GTA V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
They way you lot complain about how buggy and unpolished the PC version of GTA IV was on release (I only played it on 360), I'd expect you all to be delighted that Rockstar were taking a little extra time.

Associate
I can enjoy it over this Christmas on the PS4. Buy it on PC next Christmas when it's finally optimised, in a Steam sale.

Win, win.

Last edited:
Soldato
Rubbish, they have plenty of resources and time, it's all in the R* strategy to make as much money as possible.

That makes no sense.

If everything was done they would be releasing all 3 before xmas, this would generate them the most amount on money.

People who want it on PC, are going to get it on PC, those who want it on consoles are going to get it on consoles. Rockstar delaying the PC version by ~6 weeks isn't going to result in the PC gamers suddenly shifting and buying the console version instead.

It's probably one of the 2 below:

1) The PC game requires more work.
2) The consoles, or all 3 require more work, but since the console sales will always be greater than PC sales, they are diverting PC resources to the consoles to make sure they meet the xmas deadline. That's just smart business sense. Delaying all 3 until after xmas would seriously drop their revenue.

Last edited:
Soldato
With the pc delay it's made the decision for me to get this on ps4 instead. I think it will run very smooth on ps4 and the trailers look phenomenal.
I think we can almost guarantee there will be some sort if performance issues with the pc version, and I just can't be bothered tinkering for this game.

Caporegime
I can enjoy it over this Christmas on the PS4. Buy it on PC next Christmas when it's finally optimised, in a Steam sale.

Win, win.

And then mod the hell out of it so the driving is less arcade-y. For me this is the only way to make V playable at all.

+Cars that take damage in collisions
+Trucks that have momentum and don't stop instantly when hitting a small car
+Less grip so you can't turn on a sixpence at 100mph.
+Bikes need a looooot of work.

Associate
Not bothered about the delay.

Like Skyrim with mods, this game could be perfect for the PC. Imagine it at 4K. It will absolutely bone the PS4 version.

It will be a such a shame if it's poorly optimised and runs like ****.

Soldato
Why don't you get off your high horse?...I can't stand people throwing the word 'entitled' around. It seems to be the new stick to beat people with. Whereas as most people seem to moan about people acting 'entitled', I am thankful that there are still people around who have standards, and won't just accept any old rubbish without speaking up. Rockstar are not doing us a favour by releasing the game, they are selling it to us. We have a right to expect certain levels of service, and quality from the final product.

I have nothing wrong with people having standards, but 'not accepting any old rubbish without speaking up'? The game isn't even out yet, so who are you to judge whether it is rubbish or not?

And yes it is an entitled attitude many are showing at the moment. The feeling that they are entitled to have the PC version at the same time as the PS4/Xbox One version. What makes them think that they are entitled to this?

If this was an early-access game that we had already sunk some money into, I could understand the feeling that Rockstar 'owe' us the game, but as it stands (presuming you haven't preordered already), Rockstar don't owe us anything.

Just be happy it is actually coming out on PC

Soldato
And yes it is an entitled attitude many are showing at the moment. The feeling that they are entitled to have the PC version at the same time as the PS4/Xbox One version. What makes them think that they are entitled to this?

Ha, if the tables were turned and it was out on PC a year and 4 months before it made it to consoles there would be a ****storm unlike anything the world has seen before. Millions of buttmad geeks would storm the R* studio.

All that has happened here is a few people being disappointed we are having to wait even longer and have had no communication from R*.

Just be happy it is actually coming out on PC

It's not just about it coming to PC, making us wait over a year for such a good game really hurts the PC platform. Hardly something to be happy about.

Associate
Although I'm not remotely up in arms about the delay, I don't see why I should be grateful to Rockstar that they're bringing GTA V to PC. It is a viable platform and they wouldn't be bringing it to PC unless it made them money anyway.

Soldato
Disappointing it won't be here for Xmas morning, but on the bright side gives me a chance to play through SA, IV and LCS to get in the mood ready. And, unlike Red Dead, at least it is, after all, coming on the PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom