• iPhone 6 plus 16gb

Votes: 18 3.3%
  • iPhone 6 plus 64gb

Votes: 109 20.1%
  • iPhone 6 plus 128gb

Votes: 62 11.4%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
Why does every new iphone thread always come to this ?

The android users come in and bitch and moan about how expensive it is and **** the apple users off for being sheep and paying the price, and all the apple users who perceive the extra to be worth it bite back to justify their choice.

Can we not just drop it ?

To be fair, with a few exceptions, I've seen loads of Android users tempted to switch now they've sorted out the screen size (and the iOS 8 improvements).

Should be interesting.

Caporegime
There's never a problem in other threads that are non apple, look in the note 4 thread to see people discussing various phones like adults

Die hard android fans do feel compelled to defend the android Os....not sure why tbh....

At the end of the days it's just a phone. I desperately need a new phone and I'm open to both camps....

Ip6 is winning me over though....I'm a bit bored of android...

Soldato
Why does every new iphone thread always come to this ?

The android users come in and bitch and moan about how expensive it is and **** the apple users off for being sheep and paying the price, and all the apple users who perceive the extra to be worth it bite back to justify their choice.

Can we not just drop it ?

I hear you and agree but it just won't happen and it's down to the Android zealots. Hilarious how they call the Apple users "fanboys" when it's always Android users having a go at Apple ones, you very rarely see it the other way around.

Each to their own but Apple users seems to be, in general, far more secure in their choice and just get on with using it without feeling the need to have a go at users of other systems all the time nor justify why their choice is the right one.

Disclaimer: I've been both an Apple and Android user over the years and personally prefer the former but I understand and appreciate their relative merits and respect others' preferences :p

To be fair I imagine quite a few people switch back and forth between the two platforms just for a change :)

Soldato
I'm tempted to hoover up a 32GB iPhone 5S deal now that it's not the latest and greatest, the 5 is starting to show its age.

The 5S 32GB for £499 is a pretty good deal now if the phone suits you. I knew I didn't want a 6 so upgraded from my 4S to a four-month old, mint 5S 32GB for £400 earlier this year - does me fine, is the right size for my needs and cheaper :)

Soldato
Die hard android fans do feel compelled to defend the android Os....not sure why tbh....

At the end of the days it's just a phone. I desperately need a new phone and I'm open to both camps....

It's literally not worth having a conversation with a die hard fan of android or apple, both are void of any logical reasoning.

Soldato
There's never a problem in other threads that are non apple, look in the note 4 thread to see people discussing various phones like adults

Its cause less iPhone fans come in, there are those that still troll every single Android thread. TBH most of the trolls here don't really post in Android forums anyways.

Soldato
Caged;26892954]Have you considered that maybe there are people who have looked at the costs of the phone (such as everyone in the thread looking at the cost over 2 years) and decided that, on balance, it is worth it?
Yes of course I have and if your present phone is genuinely dead on its feet then upgrading to the iPhone may well be worth it. Is it worth it on a contract then the answer would be a definite NO, which goes for many a phone contract. Buying outright with a SIM only deal is where the smart folk go.

If someone uses Macs, has other iOS devices, uses iTunes Match etc. then it doesn't matter how good an alternative Android handset is, it won't do the job that they require.

I have all the above and Android works very nicely for me. Why do I need to have an iPhone? I have never listened to music on a phone or watched a video and have no plans to start doing so.

What point are you making? That the Keynote is a marketing exercise and advertising affects peoples buying habits? That seems pretty obvious. Your point can be boiled down to "Apple are very good at getting people to part with cash that they might not have", which is the entire point of a company existing. If the cost of their products started to outweigh the value gained from using them, then people would stop buying them. Personally I think a 20-30% premium over Android is a price worth paying.

Not sure how honest you are being concerning the above. The wife and I have two friends who have both said they are going to get the new iPhone. I can guarantee 100% if I asked either one of them which of the new features had swayed them to upgrade they wouldn't be able to tell me. They wouldn't be able to tell me what features their existing iPhones had or why they consider them better than Android. The only criteria for making their purchases is because it's an iPhone. It really is as simple as that - I tell you I could weep when I speak to them.

I think if you are honest there is a significant percentage of iPhone owners who would fall into that category i.e. they buy an iPhone because other people buy them and would do so whether they represented good value for money or not.

Caporegime
You care far too much about what other people do with their money. Some people want an iPhone, they buy an iPhone. I'm sure whether given the choice of spending more money than they have to to keep on a platform they are familiar with vs. having a discussion with you about their specific mobile telephone requirements they'd pick the option that didn't involve some Android sperg talking about rooting and RAM, and how Android is the same but not really and this thing you've done for ages, well just learn a different way.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can't wait for my iPhone seriously... Miss using Ios

I'm still waiting for someone to provide a coherent response to this one. I use iOS every single day of the week, far more than I actually use Android.

What is it you 'miss'? iOS is ok but it's nothing special, neither is Android, they are simply operating systems. I prefer an Android predictive keyboard to the one on my iPad any day of the week.

Other than that I can't say as one sways me more than the other.

P.S. I've never had an inclination to root my phone and wouldn't have the first clue how to do it. My GS2 is stock circa 2011

Last edited:
Soldato
You care far too much about what other people do with their money. Some people want an iPhone, they buy an iPhone. I'm sure whether given the choice of spending more money than they have to to keep on a platform they are familiar with vs. having a discussion with you about their specific mobile telephone requirements they'd pick the option that didn't involve some Android sperg talking about rooting and RAM, and how Android is the same but not really and this thing you've done for ages, well just learn a different way.

If you're talking about contracts then if you read my post I actually referred to 'most contracts' whether that be Android or iOS.

Many of the Flagship Android phones cost the same amount of money as an iPhone - all of them ridiculous IMO. As for cost of moving, well apart from buying Android or iOS then personally it wouldn't cost me anything. I have never bought an app as there are plenty of free ones out there and I only use about six regularly anyhow.

Associate
Got my Plus ordered along with the black leather case, gone for sim-free this time as sick of being locked into contracts. £lots upfront but better in the long run than £35-£40 contract.

Saying 3-4 weeks delivery though :(

Back
Top Bottom