So clubbing... What the Holy Christ?!

Soldato
Agree with Nitefly (shocking). You kind of having to enjoy music, dancing and people to enjoy a club. If you're missing one then you're obviously going to have a rubbish time.

Saying that 99% of clubs in this country are rubbish and I do sometimes regret moving onto a club after a bar, especially when the plan falls apart, you lose people, have to interact with dumbass bouncers/bar staff/degenerates.

Oh and +1 on the attractive girls. Pulling or not it's nice eye candy.

Soldato
Never really enjoyed clubbing as a young man. It was all about picking up stray vulnerable women

Exactly this. Nothing better than pulling a drunk girl and hoping to get a shag before she passes out :p

I enjoyed clubbing for about two years when I was drinking. Now I will only go if it's a special occasion (eg someone's birthday) or if there is music I want to hear. I don't want to listen to rhianna or whatever the kids are listing to these days for hours on end while dodging meatheads in v neck tshirts.

Much prefer a nice chilled evening with friends at the pub or a house party with people I actually know.

Soldato
I'd run a mile from anywhere playing drum and bass all night!
The Sash stuff was more my era actually, I can feel that.
But it's much more about this for me now...

Some serious emotion that. o/

Associate
I thought I wouldn't like it, but it's decent. Ignore the chavs, go with your mates and have a laugh. And obviously you cannot handle your drink if your chugging up at the bar :D

Once every now and then I like a good night out on the lash with my mates.

Soldato
Reach for the lasers

How I miss my mashed up clubbing of the late 90's. Clubbing scene feels completely different these days though. Back when I was clubbing, that was proper clubbing. Very little booze drank, water and gum were the popular go to's, no problems, everyone on a high, these days it's white shirts and kicker boys, fights galore aggressive stances everywhere. I can understand why you hated the experience, it's not what it used to be.

Last edited:
Soldato
19 year old social retard virgin on PC geek forum gets clubbing is boring/stupid comments shocker. News at 11.

Exactly. What Night fly said.

You don't have to like it and its OK to play with your train set . Different strokes for different folks. I'm sure you won't regret a thing when you are in your 40s.

:p Used to love clubbing when i was young, get to meet people from all over the country..

Associate
Dancing to pop and pop/dance is good fun, or at least it was when I didn't procure ridiculous hangovers! A lot of that comes from being with your bestest buds, the other comes from the excitement of meeting someone from the opposite sex and rolling the dice.

On the latter point, I think going and talking to a complete stranger in a club, bar or pub in attempt to chat them up, let alone successfully, is something that really does sort the men from the boys. I don't care what anyone says, it takes balls and I approve. Most people just get drunk and sort of... Bump into each other when they are drunk enough to show a glimmer of approval in their body language. Got to love that 'backwards bum dance' that girls do to get your attention.

People can have legitimate and reasonable reasons for not liking clubbing, but in my experience most people who don't enjoy it, or rather the ones that have an active dislike for it, are those who are fairly antisocial anyway.

I agree with this. Personally I am not a big fan of popular music, BUT because I like to try and chat up (or at least be in the vicinity of a chance of chatting up) decent looking girls I have to just get on with it. I am in my later 20s now but if I was not such a wimp when I was younger I would have, just on pure averages, done a hell of a lot better. I used to put this down to simply me not enjoying the music or looking down on those dancing groups - but in hindsight it was just because I was being a coward.

I am still awful at dancing to club tunes but try and make a concerted effort to appear relaxed and confident as at least trying to dance is better than not dancing (unless you are ridiculously good looking and women approach you).

If I am out I do now and try and go to slightly better venues which are bars with dance floors (which sometimes play a decent mix of music) as opposed to pure nightclubs playing KISS FM. But 90% of hot women do enjoy these places, as opposed to a Radiohead concert, and if you want to meet women they are still probably the best places to go (and not just in the one night stand sense).

Soldato
Back when I was 19/20, I had a job in one of the local clubs in the town that I lived in at the time, and it was just the same then, as it is described now. I never really understood it myself, you could barely hear yourself think, all the guys spent their time drinking or flailing about on the 'dancefloor' in the hope of attracting some tarted up female to copulate with, and the women, so much mutton dressed as lamb, the clothing they wore then (I am sure it is as bad now), left nothing to be desired.

Nightclubs, and pubs that pretend to be clubs, are one of the reasons that I believe british society is on such a decline. Too much booze, not enough moderation.

Now where's me cardigan and slippers?

Associate
This is all very alien to me as when I was that age I absolutely loved it. I was out with FRIENDS, not PEERS as you called yours. I didn't require months of persuasion because I found the whole idea of going out with my best friends exciting.

I also hate peoples "chav" comments. Ive seen people from all walks of life in nightclubs and just because someone might look chavvy, it doesn't mean they are going out of there way to come beat you up. It rarely happens. People are usually having too much fun.

If out with friends who you genuinely enjoy being with, its a good laugh. You start in bars chatting and having a laugh then you end up in a club having a dance.

Everyone is different I guess. I think the fact it took months of pressure for you to even consider it tells me you don't really care much for hanging out with your "peers" or have the ability to see the positive side like lots of 19yr olds outside of this forum :)

Soldato
I'd run a mile from anywhere playing drum and bass all night!
The Sash stuff was more my era actually, I can feel that.
But it's much more about this for me now...

Some serious emotion that. o/

Sash! was very much my era. Nowadays I listen to Hardstyle more than most music.

Would love to attend some of the Q-dance events like this one from NYE:

Associate
a group of good mates in a pub with the ability to actually chat to one another is the best. i also have never understood clubbing, sure in the 90´s it looked good as it was about the music and we everyone wasn't in a mindless drunk rage while having a huge ego.

never understand people who get insanely excited before they get in the place too, i feel like saying; "really? this is a last resort other than going home and ending the night for me" which i have learnt to do now. maybe im just getting old :D

the 60's had acid, music and change, the 90s had ecstasy. out generation is a mashup of it all, loads of things going on it doesn't have its 'thing', but alcohol defiantly bring the choice of substance. i suppose that does have its good points too.

Last edited:
Associate
Acme judging by your post on the relationship thread you are just one of the complex emotional unsociable kinda 19yr olds.

"I quite often shut myself away, and need time alone, to ponder, and relax, and not have to struggle with external battles. I let my problems get on top of me, I am secretive, it takes a-lot to get me to talk about my feelings. I am often unwilling to solve my issues and I push them to the back of my mind, where they sit, and get worse and worse, until something goes wrong or it becomes too much."

From this I would say there is nothing wrong with your generation. As its the same in every generation. There are those that go out and party, do silly things, act thoughtlessly and there are people like you- that don't.

ALL of my friends I used to hang around with went out clubbing regularly for a while. It was our most care free and enjoyable time. Now we are all 30yr old we rarely find ourselves in nightclubs but its still fun to dance about with your mates occasionally.

Back
Top Bottom