EE internet speeds.

Soldato
OP
So after being on hold for more than 30 mins for the 3rd time I raised a complaint on the 24th Aug at 08:53am which stated they will respond to all complaints within 72 hours.

Guess what response I had.....

Nothing, nada, zilch, zero.

Had another issue today in Barnsley, full H+ signal and went to check the cricket score and had no internet connection apparently. While exiting the BBC app and looking directly at my screen I get a text message saying I've missed a call. When I called my wife back she said it had gone straight to voice-mail twice...:mad:

Garbage is the only polite word I can use to describe them and I'll be leaving very shortly.

Soldato
I'm technically on Orange but I assume it's all the same system now and I'm having real problems in London, to the point now where I'm actively avoiding using data on my phone... Coming in on the tube it's almost pointless trying, even when it shows full signal. Around where I work in Victoria and throughout central London it's also appalling.

At least it's not just me it seems. If it doesn't get much better I'm getting out as soon as I can...

I'm in the same boat as you. Technically I'm on orange and data speed is rubbish in London.

Associate
Looking at the numbers in detail it seems clear that – in the sites we looked at, at least – EE is sacrificing its 3G service to promote its 4G one. No other coverage survey has unmasked this as they usually can’t tell which technology is being measured.

Article here

Associate
To give you an idea this is the kind of thing I'm getting a lot now.

zmsDhNy.png

In the same place a month or so ago I would be getting 3 or 4mb down and a bit quicker up. but the main thing is that my ping would be around 100.

I was near Swansea yesterday and had a better ping but i never used to see this kind of issue. P.S I'm not on 4G.

Soldato
That is very very similar to what I get. Some towns have wonderful speeds, some have absolutely dire.

I've normally got a strong H signal, but the quality of the signal must be atrocious because the speeds are worse than GPRS sometimes on the download/ping front.

Associate
That is very very similar to what I get. Some towns have wonderful speeds, some have absolutely dire.

I've normally got a strong H signal, but the quality of the signal must be atrocious because the speeds are worse than GPRS sometimes on the download/ping front.

Its reassuring to know its not just me. Worst thing is i signed up to a 12 month sim only deal with them after my contract ran out. T-Mobile went downhill when they joined up with orange than its got worse again with this EE stuff. Im going to ditch them as soon as i can and give Three a go. Voda and O2 have rubbish 3G in my area :(

Soldato
Until I read this I was thinking it was my phone. I even did a hard reset. Had no data despite a strong H signal in and around Bristol all day yesterday.

Permabanned
Get fast speeds of 18Mbps early in the morning before 9am. Rest of the time it's rubbish.
Been getting these speeds for the last 4 months.

ZS2mNEjl.png.jpg

Soldato
Nothing but love for EE here...

lgC0H43.png

:D

I'll raise you....

4g_speed.jpg

but I've not seen speeds like that for a couple of months :(

Soldato
OP
So after still more problems I've been doing some tests and wondered if the latency times could be my problem? I've 9 speed tests all in different locations and this is the lowest of the lot.

SAM_03.JPG

Last edited:
Associate
Regarding your missed call messages and possibly data issues, when you started with ee, did you port your number across from another provider?

The reason I ask is that I've not long joined ee and was having similar issues to those you've described - calls not coming through when 4g/LTE was enabled, data issues etc. I had a bit of time trying different things with their tech support and they reset all the settings their end, but I was still having problems - in the end I bought a blank sim card from an ee store (£10 which was credited to my account by customer services) and has them transfer my number into the new sim.

Im convinced my problem was caused by the porting process. The original ee sim they sent me had a temporary phone number on it while my number ported across - on some systems (sms activation in hangouts for example) it was still reading the temporary number as opposed to my own even after the port across.

Once tech support transferred my number into a blank sim all my problems have been resolved - worth a try if you're still having problems (as well as disabling 4g to get calls through)

Soldato
OP
Regarding your missed call messages and possibly data issues, when you started with ee, did you port your number across from another provider?

The reason I ask is that I've not long joined ee and was having similar issues to those you've described - calls not coming through when 4g/LTE was enabled, data issues etc. I had a bit of time trying different things with their tech support and they reset all the settings their end, but I was still having problems - in the end I bought a blank sim card from an ee store (£10 which was credited to my account by customer services) and has them transfer my number into the new sim.

Im convinced my problem was caused by the porting process. The original ee sim they sent me had a temporary phone number on it while my number ported across - on some systems (sms activation in hangouts for example) it was still reading the temporary number as opposed to my own even after the port across.

Once tech support transferred my number into a blank sim all my problems have been resolved - worth a try if you're still having problems (as well as disabling 4g to get calls through)

Hmm yes I did actually. Even though I've been on Orange for 6 years when I left my previous job I ported my old work number onto this sim from Vodafone.

When I look at the 'My Number' bit on my phone it still reports the old number but I'd presumed (perhaps wrongly) that this wouldnt have caused a problem.

Associate
Ah that being the case it might be worth trying a switch - I had two options, get tech support to send one in the post which between the time it's sent and I recieve it, my number wouldn't work, so I went with the other option of buying a sim from an ee store and ringing tech support to get them to do the switch - that way I was able to carry on using my phone until the sim stopped working, at which point I swapped over and it was all OK - I've not had to switch off 4g at all since :)

Soldato
Just popping in to echo the EE 4g love.

Tested in Cwmbran Newport Cardiff London and Leeds and its always amazing.

Uploaded a instagram video in middle of Hyde park the other day and it was done so quick I didn't even see it do it.

Speed test indoors at my desk in work returns :
35 ms ping 40.1 mb down load and 12 mb upload

I'm no where near any windows either...

Back
Top Bottom