Poll: Black Tie

Black tie yay or nay?

• The names Bond... (yay)

Votes: 134 74.9%
  • What's that bloody penguin doing there? (nay)

Votes: 45 25.1%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
Poll please!

Is black tie awesome or not awesome?! Go!

Edit: Deeply upset by the first comment, I will expand. I've always enjoyed black tie - hanging out with your best (work) mates, looking all dapper and swish, surrounded by girlies looking super nice, what's not to love? Well, apparently quite a lot. It seems a rather alarming amount of people don't like black tie. As a side point, they always seem to descend into a thoroughly low brow affair - amusing considering how its traditionally viewed as a classy occasion.

Last edited:
Soldato
For funerals? yes.

Otherwise no, never, if you must then go nearly black, like slightly patterned graphite or very dark brown/blue colour to match shirt/belt/shoes.

Caporegime
For funerals? yes.

Otherwise no, never, if you must then go nearly black, like slightly patterned graphite or very dark brown/blue colour to match shirt/belt/shoes.

not sure if this is a wah or if you actually don't know what black tie is?

Soldato
Poll please!

Is black tie awesome or not awesome?! Go!

Edit: Deeply upset by the first comment, I will expand. I've always enjoyed black tie - hanging out with your best (work) mates, looking all dapper and swish, surrounded by girlies looking super nice, what's not to love? Well, apparently quite a lot. It seems a rather alarming amount of people don't like black tie. As a side point, they always seem to descend into a thoroughly low brow affair - amusing considering how its traditionally viewed as a classy occasion.

To follow, I enjoy the occasional black tie event, nice to get all dapper, and look totally swell ;)
I do not understand why people would be against such an event.

As for mattyfez, wow, I have just decided for a final trick on the world to request my funeral will be a black tie and cocktail dress affair, superb.

Caporegime
did go to an army do in London a few years back that was black tie and quite strict about it... tickets were a bit pricey... someone brought a chavvy mate along dressed in a suit, purple shirt and a regular tie... he was told in no uncertain terms to go home

Soldato
I absolutely cannot stand it. I feel so out of place and uncomfortable and I believe that comes across to people I interact with. I've done it but try to find any excuse possible to avoid doing it.

Back
Top Bottom