** iOS 8 **

Soldato
seriously who has 4.7gb space free on a 16gb iphone lol? what a joke, also the poor sods on 8gb must be impossible.

I just got a message from a mate in this situation and can't stop laughing as he's having to delete a ton of photos and videos just to fit the fat OS on. So...who ordered a 16gb iPhone 6 in ere?!

This is why I installed via iTunes.

Soldato
Update was painless. I did it over wifi and it was interesting how it went into some sort of queue system. I remember last year trying to download and it would creep along for ages, fail, start again, repeat etc. This time it submitted a request, waited until it was ready and then installed overnight.

Woke up this morning with iOS8 running. Yet to really try it out, got some time this morning. Using an iPad 3, how are others finding it on an 'older' iPad'?

Soldato
No problems installing on 16Gb devices here :p

Do think my iPad mini (non-retina) seems slightly more juddery though when moving between stuff.

Soldato
Finally downloaded and installed.

Updates seem good, love Swift Keyboard and the new predictive typing. Replying to messages inside an app is a nice feature. Photo editing is good, but still can't see a function to keep the original photo?

Soldato
Just had a quick try of the Swiftkey keyboard - it's lovely, but it ain't staying installed. Doesn't work unless you enable "full access" which basically allows the sending of ALL KEYSTROKES back to their own servers. NO THANKS!

Soldato
Just had a quick try of the Swiftkey keyboard - it's lovely, but it ain't staying installed. Doesn't work unless you enable "full access" which basically allows the sending of ALL KEYSTROKES back to their own servers. NO THANKS!

It doesn't send passwords. iOS reverts to the default keyboard for this.

any 1 know any apps that work with the health app?

Not currently enabled due to a last minute bug.

http://www.tuaw.com/2014/09/17/the-ios-8-health-app-what-can-you-do-with-it-today/

Soldato
Has anyone managed to get instant hotspot to work yet? I'm on O2, not sure if it's supposed to 'just work' or if it's only available on some carriers?

When trying to connect my iPad my iPhone still appears in the normal wifi list as a locked connection, which I take is not meant to be the case?

Back
Top Bottom