• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 980 / 970 Discussion

Soldato
I did chuckle when AMD released the 290X to counter the Titan and straight away nVidia went Boooom, here is the 780Ti and ohhhh have a price cut on the 780 :D

Any why have Glaxy chopped the Y off? Galax looks stoopid.
This annoyed me because I think I blew £550 on the very first batch of GTX 780 custom cards that landed in the UK, was just a reference card with a windforce cooler stuck on top!

Then a few month later boom 780Ti windforce same price! Always something new right around the corner!

Caporegime
This annoyed me because I think I blew £550 on the very first batch of GTX 780 custom cards that landed in the UK, was just a reference card with a windforce cooler stuck on top!

Then a few month later boom 780Ti windforce same price!

Yer, a few got stung like that and I feel your pain (been there many a time). I try not to worry and think of the time I have had the items is worth the extra I paid (or that is how I justify it).

OcUK Staff
Hi there

I'm so looking forward to my breakfast tomorrow, will be the best in a long time. I'm gonna have a huge selection and try everything. Once I've eaten my breakfast I shall post a review of how great it taste before most of you start work so you can read it and decide what breakfast to have yourselves. :D

Permabanned
No harm in sitting it out for a while and waiting for the dust to settle.

The Titans are still doing the damage at my end so i'm in no rush.

It is a bad time to upgrade i think. When is the last time people waited 12 months for a new card to get equal or +10% framerates? And at equal or greater cost than 12 months ago?

Considering shipments are always said to be shrinking, Rumors of profits dropping and Scotland maybe devaluating the pound for the next week. I can not think of the last time a release was this terrible? And i remember the early days.

Associate
Hi there

I'm so looking forward to my breakfast tomorrow, will be the best in a long time. I'm gonna have a huge selection and try everything. Once I've eaten my breakfast I shall post a review of how great it taste before most of you start work so you can read it and decide what breakfast to have yourselves. :D

Is this breakfast so satisfying as to cause you to say you'd never go to a different establishment to get a breakfast for the foreseeable?

Soldato
Hi there

Nice, I was going to try and go on a diet, but after seeing the menu, I might order a single portion after all..

Associate
Hi there

im in work at 6.15 uk, so have an early breakfast :)

been waiting on these for ages and was guna stick em in a h440 red/black i reckon be months before i my hands on one of them now lol

Soldato
Please be sure to express yourself simply and clearly: much of Scotland will be tired, despondent or excited, and - most importantly - completely newted. :D

Soldato
It is a bad time to upgrade i think. When is the last time people waited 12 months for a new card to get equal or +10% framerates? And at equal or greater cost than 12 months ago?

Considering shipments are always said to be shrinking, Rumors of profits dropping and Scotland maybe devaluating the pound for the next week. I can not think of the last time a release was this terrible? And i remember the early days.

I don't know, the 8800 GTX to 9800GTX was pretty poor wasn't it?

At least this card has cut power consumption down a load and offers a GB more vram, along with some interesting tech. It's not an epic failure by any standard. Sure people with high end can skip and wait for something better, but for those on older cards the GTX 970 / 980 will be a worthy upgrade.

Associate
Hi all,

I'm currently running the following:

Intel i5-3570k
Gigabyte Z77X-D3H Z77 (socket 1155) DDR3 motherboard
8gb of 1600 Mhz DDR3
a Corsair 660W "Gold rated" modular PSU

The motherboard has the following:
1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x8 (PCIEX8)
1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4)

Will the above hardware be able to manage two 970s running in SLI?

I'm currently running a single Asus 670 GTX which has been great but I have a 4K monitor and want to game on it!

Thanks

Associate
Hi there

Gibbo didn't you hear....

Supperfast is the new breakfast!!!:cool:

so wouldn't that mean it's time to spill those beans:confused::o:p:D

Caporegime
5870 to a 6900 delivered a small gain, as did the 570 to 580, where as the 4870 to 5870 gave the expected and 'usual' performance jump.

Back
Top Bottom