** iOS 8 **

Soldato
I think iCloud is having issues or something. No reason why my 7.1.2 backups shouldn't have restored on my 7.1.2 install, but the 8 backup (taken just before upgrading) went straight through.

My photos took ages to download from iCloud, so it could just be slow.

EDIT: In fact a lot of mine are still missing. The spinny circle is still spinning on Springboard, so something is going on in the background.

Soldato
Restore seems to have made mine a bit quicker (iPhone 5). Safari still a bit derpy though. Not exactly slow, just looks like it quickly runs out of memory when going between pages.

Soldato
Weird that some people are finding it faster, while others more sluggish. My iPad mini is definitely slower than iOS7, but someone above reckons it's fine.

Soldato
WTF is wrong with this piece of carp!!!

Exit messages, and it just doesnt acknowledge a screen swipe. I can literally rub the screen like im giving it a good time, and nothing.

Brand new 5S btw.

Going back to iOS 7. Feel like the phone is dead in the water already.

It actually feels like a four year old Android budget phone right now.

Soldato
Here we go... wtf

** Video contains swearing **

Bearing in mind, I also did a total clean install after and got the same behaviour.

It just misses off swipes. Even when using it normal, it doesn't acknowledge them. Never had this behaviour on 7.12.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Father in-law is having issues with his iPhone 4s upgrade, it's now stuck in DFU mode.

I can cleanly install iOS8 from iTunes, but does anyone know a way to kick it out of DFU as I've rather not do that? (I'm on Windows 8.1, not many tools seem to work on it...).

Soldato
On my iPad2 safari is almost unusable. Its like it only loads the open tab in to ram, so switching between tabs forces a slow laggy reload. Argh its just such a mess.

Slowly but surely I am switching away from apple, them and their cultish ways.

Associate
It's interesting how Apple cite every device getting upgraded to the latest version as much better than Androids fragmentation (which Google have largely made irrelevant anyway) but the majority of posts in here are complaints about how it's ruined their device.

Soldato
Not really. These sort of threads tend to attract negative comments from those who are dissatisfied or have a technical issue.

I'm fully expecting lots of gnashing of teeth from 4S and iPad 2 users. I felt the same way with the sluggishness of iOS 7 on the iPhone 4.

Soldato
In this day and age of fast 3G and 4G, why is Wifi still required to download apps over a certain size or restore an iCloud update?

My Wifi speed is a shared 8mb connection where I get 200kbps download rate if I am lucky. Connecting my Three 4G as a hotspot it has just detected it at 76mb - download rates up to 3mbps (but generally around 1.5 - 2mbps)

I dont even bother with Wifi at work because my 4G connection is faster

Also - Are you able to connect your phone to iTunes over mobile data/Wifi connection instead of plugging it in?

Associate
Hi. I read somewhere that if you upgraded to ios8 via wifi it keeps all the backup files on your phone.

Anyone know a way to delete these pls?

Jb

Associate
There is storage and icloud storage there.

If I delete the last backup of the phone, will it backup again without the needless files?

Jb

Back
Top Bottom