What have you done to your car today?

Man of Honour
Even on my Audi with two months of grime, nothing came off. Well maybe something but shampooing it was much faster.

I still do it though, as it looks good.

Soldato
I bought a foam lance.

Looks good, but unless the foam I use is crap, I really don't see what it does apart from look nice.

The good stuff works a long way to take off a load of the road film which should go a way to removing swirls as you are taking less dirt off the paint when washing so I like it for that piece of mind

Man of Honour
Whilst tempting, have heard horror stories of the glass expanding/contracting and the araldite staying put, causing a massive crack in the windscreen.

Am going pop to Autoglass tomorrow and see if the guy will stick it on in exchange for a few beers...

If you we're a bit closer I'd say pop round. They'll probably stick the boss back on with Epoxy for you for nothing. It takes all of about 30 seconds, I'd give you the name of it but I cba to go and look in my van to find out which one it is we use.

Soldato
CDADDADD-ADCA-44DC-BAA8-2CA1510A3789_zpsvxic05mp.jpg

Dear god, my eyes.

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
If you we're a bit closer I'd say pop round. They'll probably stick the boss back on with Epoxy for you for nothing. It takes all of about 30 seconds, I'd give you the name of it but I cba to go and look in my van to find out which one it is we use.

Ended up popping to the local Autoglass as they were closing and grabbed a guy as he was heading out to his van. Gave him £10 beer money for his troubles and I've now got a rear view mirror back (well I will once the glue has set and I can put it on lol)

Soldato
Rolled the front arches and in turn found out that something structural is bent (Probably just a wing/bumper bracket) from my battle with a Fox earlier in the year since one of the arches is sat prouder than the other, nothing a crowbar won't fix :D

Last edited:
Underboss
finally bought another car :) pick it up 1st October

basically -
sold my car 3 months ago, using an old car for 3 months, until I pick up car above, sorry nothing special, its a 2009 Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec, its immaculate inside and out, like new

Soldato
Bought Bosch aeroblade wipes. Nice and silent now :)

Took the E46 for an oil service at BMW too.

Passenger airbag seat module replaced. Apparently there was a recall.

Last edited:
Soldato
Few weeks ago, had this happen to my rear screen....

Screenshot_2014-09-20-19-29-15_zpsf6hazyus.png

Luckily covered by my insurance company for £75! (especially as it cost £1800 for the new glass) I had been having issues with my rear wiper not working which appeared to be due to corrosion, and this came, so I was extremely happy. It appears to be a newer design possible from the 997. Although I did have to wait 2 weeks for it to turn ups, so was carless.

IMG_20140919_141031_zpsraye1k3n.jpg

All fitted and now Wiper working perfectly! Took autoglass 3 blokes and about 2 hours all in to fit it, as it wasn't lining up very well. Although they dropped the glass round earlier in the day and were promised cake so I believe this is why another guy turned up!

IMG_20140919_181043_zpskdbovdzm.jpg

I also have had some issues with my Targa roof, which I've tried lubing the runners etc, but to no avail, basically the roof goes back ok, but doesn't come back up very easily, so after some googling found that another avenue to try is to lubricate the wires that move the roof up and down, unfortunately this means drilling into the sleeve that holds the wires, but thought what the hey. Managed to locate the sleeves and get the wires lubed up with penetrating oil. Took the car out, and voila roof working absolutely fine!

So overall a very productive day.

Man of Honour
I used a steam cleaner to get rid of around 80% of the dirt that had set in around the base of the roof on my S2000 when it was down. Will give it another go but was weary not to get it too wet/hot.

Back
Top Bottom