Poll: Poll: Are you getting an iphone 6?

Will you be getting an iPhone 6?

• Yes

Votes: 195 46.0%
  • No

Votes: 229 54.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
Mrs. has a 5. Won't be getting the 6+ which is what she wanted as the cost is just plain silly. Which is a shame given she loves the size of my Note 2/OnePlus.

Will possibly pick one up in NYC when I am over there since the 64GB 6+ only works out at £570, and coupled with the great Three deal makes it way cheaper than any 24 month contract offer. :)

Soldato
Despite its ever so slightly heavier weight than my current iPhone 5S 64gb, i'm having my 6 Space Gray 128GB being delivered on Fri.

For the 1st hour after the announcement, i said to myself, i think i'll miss this out.. But I soon folded. Never missed an iPhone release so far. But I do think they need to keep a sku open for folk who do not want a larger handset in future releases.

I'm not even sure I'll prefer it, over the 5S, but if i didn't pre-order then and there, i would end up being left on the waiting list like everyone else. Besides if i'm not 100% once i have it in my actual mitts, i could always sell for no loss.

Associate
I don't like the look of the 6.

I've had my 4S 32GB since launch so was thinking about upgrading to a 5S, but not at a cost of 499.99.

I've just replaced the battery on my 4S instead and it's as good as new so I'll continue using it until it fails. Considering it's travelled around 13 countries with me and been water damaged on more than one occasion, I'm pretty impressed it's still going :)

Soldato
No.

I had the Samsung Galaxy S1, I thought it was rubbish, slow etc.
I moved to an iPhone 4 I think it was. I loved it, it worked so much better.

Since then I've had the Galaxy S3, HTC One, OnePlus One, Note 3.

Android has improved so much since that Galaxy S1. I just couldn't imagine going back to an iPhone. They do physically look like nice devices and I think they always feel solid. But iOS just doesn't seem to ever change.

Yes, I've started to get into flashing different ROMs on Android (I dabble at least), so I'm not your every day consumer. But even still, to me iOS has just become boring.

I don't care how thin and light a phone is, I'm not a wimp. It made an impact with my iPad 3 to the iPad air, but not a tiny phone..

All of the top end smartphones are powerful and fast and have "good" cameras. Personally unless something came out with exceptional battery, it is the software which makes phones more interesting. Though the S-pen for example I do like and use 'quite' often on my Note 3 and I'm not changing yet to like Cyanogenmod from Stock Wiz because you lose some of the functionality.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nope.

No need to upgrade from my 5. Still 1GB RAM, Still 8MP camera, 5 is fast enough, small enough, big enough, does everything i want. 6 does nothing new that i want. No killer app. I just don't do anything on my phone apart from takes pictures/video and surf the net so the new phone doesn't make any sense to buy...

This is the first renewal i've not purchased and even has me thinking about android. Not sure I'll ever jump ship as i'm that deep into the apple eco system...

Soldato
Have a space grey 128GB iPhone 6. Getting used to the larger form factor and hoping my cases arrives soon as it's a slippery beggar and has almost hit the floor twice.

Ditto!! Almost dropped mine a couple of times already when changing my hold on it. My case should be here by now and it isn't. I think my phone may well be staying in the house until it arrives as I am certain I will be dropping mine. Probably on something hard, like concrete! :p

Associate
Actually got to see and hold a 6 in our local Tesco last night, as in an actual working phone, not the dummies they have on the shelves - damn, that thing is amazingly light and thin ... and my 5 ain't exactly a brick! Fine with the bigger overall size - can't see it being a problem.

Totally hacked off with the lack of 3G in this area on Vodafone, so I'll be talking to 3 during October and wanting one of these beauties ...

Back
Top Bottom