• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GTX 970 OWNERS THREAD

Caporegime
OP
Oh yeah, oops. I have core +160, memory +500. Does that seem right?

Yeah that sounds right.

Run furmark it reports constantly 109.5%

Furmark lol, I stopped using that PoS software a few years ago, it serves no purpose in finding your cards max overclock for games and benches. Didn't both sides code their drivers to throttle it anyway as it was damaging GPU's. If my card isn't throttling in games and benchmarks like 3dmark, that's all that matters to me.

Associate
Yep that sounds like a decent level to have it at. You on stock volts and power limit?

No, I have voltage and power limit set to max. Strangely, +160 was what gave me 1500 MHz before but I just rebooted, and now it's giving me 1526. I had to turn it down to +135 to get exactly 1500 again. Any idea what's going on there?

Soldato
Well ive benchmarked Grid Autosport at 1440P , everything on and ultra, 4x msaa

GTX 970 @ Stock

VFp6WN.jpg

GTX 670 SLI @ Stock

aKj2EW.jpg

Associate
Did some Valley benches. MSI model. MHz values are according to GPU-Z. Valley and Afterburner both give different (incorrect?) values. I might be able to push it further but it does seem unstable for me at 1600 MHz on stock volts.

Power Limit set to 110, stock voltage.

Stock / Core +160 (1500 MHz)/Mem +500 / Core +210 (1550 MHz)/Mem +500

0OxxQbZ.png tO7aCXp.png y7uvFNv.png

Associate
Anyone own a Corsair 540 and are using one of the new 970 cards?

I am thinking of buying a couple of the G1 970's, but concerned about the length of the cards. Will these fit ok or will it be a bit of a struggle, especially as I would want to fit 2 cards in.

Yeah Terrier_Jimlad posted about it earlier. It fits fine by the looks of it. Quoted below.

A few more, just to show you how much bigger it is compared to a 670 if you're thinking of an upgrade and don't have much room, it's significantly bigger, not much room left over and this is in a 540!

fFGrRLz.jpg.png

ZUGOwMD.jpg.png

Fgllv8e.jpg.png

The only annoying thing for me is the PCI-E power connectors are now upright, so means i'm going to have to undo them from their combs and round the back and re-lay them so they face upwards.

Back
Top Bottom