Nissan Qashqui - Anyone got one?

Soldato
Thats slipperier than I thought although I think because it's a GTR with a modified Qashqai body fitted (wider track etc) the CD will be greater than a stock Qashqai. IIRC it can be yours for about £250K too IIRC.

A few RS6 forum people went down and a 730hp V10 RS6 managed 206mph indicated (198.9mph actual).

Soldato
You might find it goes the other way and has a lower CD than a stock one - it's much closer to the ground, cutting drag by a huge amount, and the wheels are all much better shielded than the stock one, helping further. Might be more restrictions from the larger cooling area though and all that air passing through intercoolers, radiators, etc.

Would be interesting to know if they'd worked it out though, that's for sure! :)

Soldato
You'd hope that with the GTR's flat(ish) underside and diffusers it'd reduce the CD as well but that wider Qashqai front end just looks a bit too upright/vertical. SVM did a fantastic job during the build, it almost feels like a factory built car when looking inside with just an extra section between the top of the dash and windscreen giving away it's extra length.

***EDIT*** - Sorry OP, you can have your thread back now!

Soldato
OP
Haha, no its ok. Im quite intrigued by the Super Qashqui lol. Makes spending £15k on mine seem like a drop in the Ocean. Now ive bought one I fully expect the prices to drop to nothing and be worthless in a year :D

Soldato
Gotta love that 1000hp SVM Qashqai :D 207mph in 2 miles with the aerodynamics of a house brick!

gtrqashqai.jpg

I want that!

Soldato
We had a 1.6 Petrol auto nTec as a disability car for a while.

Was very slow but was never expecting much and was for the best as wife was so full of medication she probably shouldn't have been driving anyway.

Wasn't a bad car at all. Good space for the kids. Nothing really to complain about. The cameras work well and turned parking into a pseudo computer game. All mod cons etc and sat nav was fine.

Ours was pretty much free (ish) so was hardly going to be that critical. However, I wouldn't be averse to buying one for a partner particularly if you have kids.

Soldato
My parents have one of these, really good cars however my mum managed to pull the boot lid plastic piece of and if they want that replaced thats going to set them back £80!

Associate
They are disability cars in Northern Ireland which wound up putting my other half off one a year ago. Plenty come up at auction second hand. She went for a Focus in the end and we had good fun buying a decent one of those at an auction. A 1.6 petrol. Unexciting but then so was the Quashquai.

Associate
I have one, sold my 350z to get one

Got a 2014 tekna 1.5 diesel, its no racecar but I'm very pleased with it and even though I loved the 350z I haven't once had second thoughts. I did buy it on 2yr lease though as when a nismo model comes along with a bit more poke I will be considering an upgrade

Fantastic car to live with, the inside is genuinely a nice place to be, seats very comfortable and lots of space.. after driving coupe style cars for forever its nice to have a higher seating position and the extra visibility that affords you, having big chunky tires on 19" wheels means you don't feel crippled by every small bump in the road. If im with friends or family I can actually fit them in the car rather than having to leave my car and get in someone elses and I've even slept comfortably in the back on one occasion and for gadgets its really well covered, with the auto lights/wipers, around view camera and sensors, lane/blind spot warnings, heated windscreen and seats

its not hard to see why the crossover class of cars are gaining popularity and this was pretty much the best value for spec I could find, If I wanted more id have to be looking at an evoque or something of the sort and while its probably within reach it would be an unnecessary extravagance for someone on my means

Soldato
OP
We looked at a Freelander, but it was two years older, 45000 miles and the same price.

It didn't have leather etc and felt massive so the missus wouldn't drive it. Like you, we felt the only similar option in the Land Rover range was an Evoque, which we couldn't afford.

I would have got a newer Qashqui if we wasn't in so much negative equity with the Corsa! :( Lesson learnt right there!

Back
Top Bottom