• iPhone 6 plus 64gb

Votes: 109 20.1%
  • iPhone 6 plus 128gb

Votes: 62 11.4%

• Total voters

fez

fez

Caporegime
I had a look at the 6 and 6+ yesterday and the 6 is very nice but the 6 plus is just ridiculously large. I'll probably get the 6s next year as the 6 doesn't have enough over the 5s to temp me. The fingerprint scanner is one of those things that makes using a phone so much easier but the 5s has that so I can't really justify the extra I would have to find to buy the 6.

Associate
Anyone know why the App Store and Safari are 2 two apps at the top of my battery usage when I havent even used them? Their not running in the background and I've disabled location service for them.

Soldato
Depends on what is going on in the background surely. If you are pushing data and it is fetching stuff continuously then that will seriously affect battery life!

Mainly Whatsapp, Line and a bit of Instagram. According to the data usage Line seems to be the culprit with 19% usage in the last 24 hours.

Soldato
Rather annoyed. Trying to restore my iPhone 6 and the 2 backups i've taken both come up with:
"Your iPhone cannot be restored because there is a problem with your backup data. Choose a different backup to restore from."

And i deleted my old iPhone backup.

Never trusting iCloud backup again.

Edit: Yep, got my contacts but everything else is gone. Fantastic, thanks iCloud, you giant piece of ****.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well my order is now:
Status Preparing handover to final carrier 22 Sep
Est. Delivery 22 September 2014

Updated a few hours ago, Looks like I'm not getting this today. :(

Associate
Can't believe how badly some of you lot are being treated with these preorders :eek: - My girlfriend decided she wanted one after seeing my 6 on launch day so yesterday ordered a white one from EE, it just arrived...

Soldato
I've had to delete a couple of apps and reinstall them due to them crashing. Lloyds bank and Flicker. I think it was because the restore was done on the day that the world and his wife with a new phone did the same, who knows.
They both work fine on the second download.

Soldato
Rather annoyed. Trying to restore my iPhone 6 and the 2 backups i've taken both come up with:
"Your iPhone cannot be restored because there is a problem with your backup data. Choose a different backup to restore from."

And i deleted my old iPhone backup.

Never trusting iCloud backup again.

Edit: Yep, got my contacts but everything else is gone. Fantastic, thanks iCloud, you giant piece of ****.

Were the backups of iOS 8? I know the iOS version can stop backups from being restored, but can't remember which way round it will let you do it (i.e. iOS 7 backup being restored on iOS 8 device or vice versa)

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I updated the girlfriend's iPhone 5 to iOS 8 on the weekend, and iTunes screwed up the update which forced the phone in to DFU mode.

Thankfully she could retrieve pictures from photostream, or I would be posting this from beyond the grave :p

Back
Top Bottom