• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 980 / 970 Discussion

Associate
Glad I put in my order for the MSI 970 earlier today haha.

Can't wait for it to arrive. First time I've gone for a card so soon after launch, the value was just too much to pass up on. Nvidia did a really good job this time around I think.

Soldato
I'm stuck because I don't know what I want or actually need.

I have a 120hz 1080p monitor, and I'm unsure if one gtx 980 would be better than 1 or 2 970s in sli. If I'm honest after having crossfire 7950s, I feel less inclined to go sli because of games not always having full compatibility. And if I don't go sli, do I get a reference 970 to leave the door open to sli in future (since reference cards cool themselves better in sli) or just get the best possible 970 with the best cooler and be done with it (with applying the same principle for the gtx 980 as well)?

Soldato
The whole world trying to buy our MSI 970's no doubt, only 150pc left now! :eek:

dont laugh m8, because the buying section isn't working, you need to fix this or you'll loose business..

i cant view anything in that area :-
``Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111``

and it deffo isn't me, but you've got till next monday so you're ok for now :cool:

Soldato
I'm stuck because I don't know what I want or actually need.

I have a 120hz 1080p monitor, and I'm unsure if one gtx 980 would be better than 1 or 2 970s in sli. If I'm honest after having crossfire 7950s, I feel less inclined to go sli because of games not always having full compatibility. And if I don't go sli, do I get a reference 970 to leave the door open to sli in future (since reference cards cool themselves better in sli) or just get the best possible 970 with the best cooler and be done with it (with applying the same principle for the gtx 980 as well)?

For a start forget the 980 as it is only a hair faster but a lot more expensive
I would get the best 970 you can now with a view to adding a reference style card later (or upgrading again when the next gen comes along)

Back
Top Bottom