Votes: 18 3.3%
  • iPhone 6 plus 64gb

Votes: 109 20.1%
  • iPhone 6 plus 128gb

Votes: 62 11.4%

• Total voters
Soldato
Well, I have just checked my phone battery usage since the last full charge:

4hrs 34mins usage (majority of which is Safari)
1 day, 1 hour standby.

Battery still at 48%

Battery life is a lot better than my Nexus 4, and I am so far very pleased with it.

That said, I did follow that tweaking guide that I posted about a few pages back. I dont know if that has made a massive difference, though, as I did it right on the first day of getting the phone so I do not have anything to compare it to. I also use auto brightness and only have the main brightness slider about 40% of the way over.

Overall, though, the battery is great. Much better than my previous phones if I am honest. I reckon I wont need to charge this until I go to bed tonight. But to be fair it wont really be getting used during the day as I dont have any signal at the site I am working at today.

Associate
FYI for those with indoor signal issues, give your carrier a call.

I've had a 3 Home Signal box for a good 18 months now. I think I paid £50 for it because I was out of contract (sim free) but essentially it's a little box that plugs in to the broadband and spits out a phone signal so you always have 100% signal at home. You register your number with the box, so only your mobile can see / access the box and it's all transparent. No dodgy apps to install, no configuration. Just whack your mobile number in on the website and away you go :)

I believe other networks offer this, but I'd say it's worth calling them to see what they can do either way.

I recently acquired a three home signal box and it's great. I did have to change to a 12 month contract after initially signing up on a monthly basis but that didn't really bother me too much. I was almost persuaded to use Three InTouch and whilst good, it does not really solve major battery drain of having no signal!

Soldato
Chaps, I've placed a pre order with O2 and I'm thinking of switching. I'm fed up with not getting any reliable data unless I'm in the middle of a built up area.
I'm thinking of going over to EE, but are they better in that respect?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I got one from vodafone for free. Never used it tho, I always have Wifi at home.

When the phone has low or pool signal the antenna power is ramped up to compensate. Even if you're using wifi and have no need to use the data, it would be worth getting that signal box online just to save yourself some power :)

Back
Top Bottom