Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Associate
Does anyone know the number I have to ring to activate my superhub?

Got a new one a little while ago but the wife has thrown out the letter that came with it.

I've just been on the merry-go-round that is both the VM website and even worse the telephone system. My god! They're bad!!

Cheers :)

If you didn't get it sorted, the number is 0800 953 9500

Soldato
Seems very bad to be honest. My old flat where we had virgin installed they said they could do it on the day we moved in and then phoned me up the week before asking if we wanted it done a few days beforehand!

It needed construction work, was perfectly happy to wait for that. But the flat downstairs had it installed the day they moved in, thats partly why im so angry! (Last Saturday)

Soldato
Remember range extenders / repeaters essentially cut the bandwidth of your wifi.

I ended up using HomePlugs to join them up to prevent this

I live in an old victorian house those the electrics are that bad I think wifi will be better than home plugs - the ones I bought we're rubbish

Soldato
I have a question for any of you using VM Business; how does "Unlimited internet usage during normal business hours (8am-6pm Monday to Friday)" this translate? I cannot find anything on the site.
The internet would be used between those hours but then when I get home and on weekends I'd be doing my usual gaming etc. Does it mean the bandwidth is capped outside those hours?

Soldato
3784365118.png

Just upgraded and im well impressed ;)

Soldato
Just signed up to the 152mb fibre package and wanted to know what the installation is like? Its for my new flat in Bristol which I move into on the 8th October (installation date = 9th) and basically want to know how long it takes to sort out the install? The property has a current virgin customer in there at the moment who has a cable connection set up for TV etc, but I'm guessing this won't be using the same line? Theres a separate BT line there too, but I won't be using the phone at all so not interested.

Permabanned
Just signed up to the 152mb fibre package and wanted to know what the installation is like? Its for my new flat in Bristol which I move into on the 8th October (installation date = 9th) and basically want to know how long it takes to sort out the install? The property has a current virgin customer in there at the moment who has a cable connection set up for TV etc, but I'm guessing this won't be using the same line? Theres a separate BT line there too, but I won't be using the phone at all so not interested.

If it already has Virgin the guy will be done in about 15mins, yes it all uses he same line

Soldato
Well when I moved in to current property the old VM box was still there and working (20mbit ewww :p)

VM tech just came in, swapped the SH1 for SH2, plugged something into the phone line (we have VM phone as well) left for 10 mins. Then came back and tested and then that was that. 152Mbit :D

Associate
Did not use my second virgin box for about two months and it wouldn't recognise the smart card rang up nice fellow on the end of the phone fixed my box and upgraded my internet from 100mb to 150mb for £2.75 less than I was paying a month happy days always had a good experience ringing them up that's why call centres should remain in Britain.

speed test over wireless

Back
Top Bottom