ArcheAge, Ultima Online's rebirth?

Associate
Hmm, I'm tempted to play now it's released. I wasn't impressed with the griefing/exp mob camping in Beta events, you simply couldn't level 30+ in some areas. As a casual player, that's a massive put-off.

Associate
You can always go away and level with some crafting until the area clears out a bit (if it is still a problem, not heard anything like that though in release).

I levelled from 16 to 23 just crafting trade packs and doing trade runs, brilliant fun, much more so than questing which I think is this games weak point.

Associate
You can always go away and level with some crafting until the area clears out a bit (if it is still a problem, not heard anything like that though in release).

I levelled from 16 to 23 just crafting trade packs and doing trade runs, brilliant fun, much more so than questing which I think is this games weak point.

It was in Closed, so I didn't experience as much as I'd liked Crafting wise. This helps though, cheers :)

Soldato
How long does it take to do a trade run for example? Had the first quest for a trade run and tempted to try it now I'm level 20. Have bags of spare labor points as well.

Associate
How long does it take to do a trade run for example? Had the first quest for a trade run and tempted to try it now I'm level 20. Have bags of spare labor points as well.

Do your trade runs soon as you can. They give you the small scarecrow so you can start growing stuff, then the donkey [great for carrying trade packs at faster than snails pace], and ultimately the large farm.

You'll need to find space to locate your scarecrows and house, depending on server volume that will require luck or deep pockets.

I'm on Euro Eanna, very busy server with massive queues atm. Just dinged 50 on my first char [Nightwitch] and working on Weaponcrafting while levelling up the skill trees to go full bard Tomb Warden.

Apart from the insane queues and everpresent goldsellers and bots I'm very happy with the launch build. There's enough Archeum to craft, though still more expensive than it should be.

Associate

The first two trade run quests do take quite a while (30min+), as you have to just slog it on foot. Well worth it though for the rewards as Mudslide said, the farm and donkey are essentials.

After that though you want to do any trade runs you like, find a route that works for you depending on materials, proximity, ship availability etc. You can craft a trade pack from any area and take it to any other area for a reward, the further you take it the greater the reward.

The fun in trade packs for me is the risk, taking it from one safe zone to another safe zone over land would be quite boring, nothing going on but walking.

But if you go across the sea (ask guildies etc for a lift, I don't have a ship but did 10+ trade runs across the sea yesterday), thats where the fun starts! You have to watch out for pirates, sea creatures etc, had some epic adventures on the sea yesterday evening and over the weekend. Three of us got in a big fight with another 3 which lasted ages, as they kept coming back after we killed them. In the end we stole 2 of their trade packs and GOT AWAY WITH THEIR SHIP! It was amazing haha. Slowed the run down, but increased the fun 10 times. The trade runs I have been doing take 16mins (we timed a few routes to see the fastest :p)

Plus I made nearly 200g in a couple evenings doing these runs ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Not sure what I'm doing when building my toon. I'm a Templar. Seems to be so many options to get the combos. I cant work out which skills effect other skills.

I want to heal but my lvl 14 healing spells are pants.

I worked out that holding alt casts a spell on yourself.

Last edited:
Soldato
Associate
Not sure what I'm doing when building my toon. I'm a Templar. Seems to be so many options to get the combos. I cant work out which skills effect other skills.

I want to heal but my lvl 14 healing spells are pants.

I worked out that holding alt casts a spell on yourself.

Templar is probably the best PVP healer but is tough to level. Your main damage, if solo, should come from your Defence shield skills. Shield Slam into Bull Rush then use the Kick general skill while they are Tripped and on the floor.

When you have taken some damage, and built up Mettle from Refreshment and/or Toughen hit Shrug It Off [Auramancy], when you have the skill, followed up with Boastful Roar. This can do 5k damage.

Remember Kick is your friend, does a surprising amount of damage with no mana cost.

As for the healing you must get a healing weapon. Clubs have the +Healing stat. Get one crafted by a mate or from the AH at lvl 20, none are available as quest rewards though some do drop in instances and open world.

Good luck, if you can find a partner to quest with then lvling will be fast, a lot slower solo but perfectly possible. A friend of mine got to 50 before me as a Templar, mix in some crafting [mine iron ore, make bricks, then make Hereafter Stones after glugging a Vocation pot]

When you hit 50 you will have deserved it, and anyone with any sense will recognise you are no easy mode player.

Associate
Same skillwise for me, took blademaster? And defence as my second. No idea what to use as third.

I'd recommend Blighter, especially if this is your first character. Battlerage/Defence/Shadowplay.

Google for builds and strategy. It's a strong, direct class. Very tough to kill unless kited, and you have all the mobility of Shadowplay.

There's little more satisfying than a shield to the face :)

Associate
anyone else get stuck at the green "splat" login page? Mine just sits there for ages with the HD grinding away. ok , theres no rush to log on with the queues :) but its still a bit annoying.

Associate
Anyone still having queue problems? Tried getting on the other day to a 3.5k queue on every server, 5 hour queue then "The gods have disconnected you" in the process of making a spellsinger/clown when my PC finally arrives but I'm torn between that and a dark runner :D

I'm on Aerwin, anyone else? Be starting the guild up when I get online, first public forum post as well, hi I'm Ben

Back
Top Bottom