CoolerMaster HAF-X top fan replacements

Associate
OP
Ran a quick experiment this morning. Booted PC up and it started clicking again - ran AC4 to warm it up and the clicking stopped 6 minutes after boot.

Associate
OP
Yes I knew that already - it's the fan blades colliding with something inside the case, which I think I've narrowed down to the strip of metal that runs across the top of the case underneath the fan.

Associate
OP
Ah ok .... I know the ones you mean ... maybe a tug down on them might do the trick :D

Yeah, tried that - they're pretty stiff, and it's an awkward angle when you're inside the case. It's only the rear one catching. When I get a spare half hour I'll take the top of the case off again and push down on it instead :)

Associate
Yeah, tried that - they're pretty stiff, and it's an awkward angle when you're inside the case. It's only the rear one catching. When I get a spare half hour I'll take the top of the case off again and push down on it instead :)

Is it possible to fit a few washers under the fan to raise it 0.5mm so it does not hit it ?

Associate
OP
Possibly.

Any ideas for changing the stock side fan for the same Bitfenix one? The stock fan has threads built into it for the screws, but the bitfenix fan just has tubes to hold the long screws; the case window and the airflow director are just sheets so there's nothing to screw it in to.

Associate
OP
Just fixed the clicking sound by your suggestion, thanks! It wasn't actually the metal bar the blades were hitting, it was the side of the case, which seems to be at a slight angle. I've put two of the little plastic washers that came with the fan under that side and it's solved :) Going to try your solution to installing the side fan now...

Back
Top Bottom