• iPhone 6 plus 16gb

Votes: 18 3.3%
  • iPhone 6 plus 64gb

Votes: 109 20.1%
  • iPhone 6 plus 128gb

Votes: 62 11.4%

• Total voters
Associate
Woah really? Can it automatically turn off wifi when leaving my house in the morning?

There are lots of things Android can do that iOS can't and vice versa.

Because of Android's customisable nature, you're always going to find edge cases like that. I think you can achieve something similar in iOS though simply by disabling "Ask to Join Networks". It stops searching for new networks then but once you are in range of a network you have connected to in the past it re connects. But I guess you mean fully turning off the Wi-Fi receiver on the phone in order to conserve battery? That isn't possible on iOS but there is a Cydia app lol.

I was referring more to core OS functionality. There is very little now that either has over the other imo. So it's a case of adapting. I can think of a few still though. Android allows for proper file system navigation which I doubt Apple would ever introduce. Android widgets are great too and Apple still hasn't really stepped up with something similar. iOS8 "extensions" are promising though but the whole tile system on the home screen needs a total rework in iOS 9 I think.

Caporegime
Whatsapp update, still massive on the Plus :(

Just a bug fix, nobs :(

Because of Android's customisable nature, you're always going to find edge cases like that. I think you can achieve something similar in iOS though simply by disabling "Ask to Join Networks". It stops searching for new networks then but once you are in range of a network you have connected to in the past it re connects. But I guess you mean fully turning off the Wi-Fi receiver on the phone in order to conserve battery? That isn't possible on iOS but there is a Cydia app lol.

I was referring more to core OS functionality. There is very little now that either has over the other imo. So it's a case of adapting. I can think of a few still though. Android allows for proper file system navigation which I doubt Apple would ever introduce. Android widgets are great too and Apple still hasn't really stepped up with something similar. iOS8 "extensions" are promising though but the whole tile system on the home screen needs a total rework in iOS 9 I think.

You can Jailbreak and add certain things in, like you'd have to root an Android device to do things as well.

Last edited:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

How is the android phone tracking when you leave your house? GPS. GPS will rape your children.

I'd rather have GPS turned off when it's not needed, than worry that my Wi-Fi is turned off because I genuinely use that more often. Try it with iOS.. set a location-based reminder on the phone and watch what happens to your battery. It will constantly ping your location in order to remind you, so you'll see a big drop in battery life.

I think having the ability to switch Wi-Fi on/off via the control centre pull-up is a good compromise between user convienience and automation :)

Soldato
Anyone having trouble backing up to icloud currently?

Cant complete a full backup on any of my devices, Ipad4 IOS7, Iphone 5S IOS8, Iphone 6 IOS8. Only noticed because moving from the 5S to the 6.

I bought 200gb of iCloud space, and subsequently couldn't back my new 6 Plus' >25gb footprint up to it. It took several attempts, but I finally managed it last night. Subsequent backups are incremental, and therefore a LOT easier.

In the midst of trying to back up, I tweeted the question of how I get it to back up files of 10gb and larger successfully in the hope someone would respond. A few hours later, I got this from Microsoft:

ByRc7PGIcAA_4em.jpg

Bit spooky..

Soldato
How is the android phone tracking when you leave your house? GPS. GPS will rape your children.

I'd rather have GPS turned off when it's not needed, than worry that my Wi-Fi is turned off because I genuinely use that more often. Try it with iOS.. set a location-based reminder on the phone and watch what happens to your battery. It will constantly ping your location in order to remind you, so you'll see a big drop in battery life.

I think having the ability to switch Wi-Fi on/off via the control centre pull-up is a good compromise between user convienience and automation :)

WiFi Scanning used by Google on Android means your device never/hardly sleeps so if you have an uptime of 16hours its pretty close to 16hours of usage. I've tested it on my Nexus 5 and it easily doubles my battery life.

Soldato
I bought 200gb of iCloud space, and subsequently couldn't back my new 6 Plus' >25gb footprint up to it. It took several attempts, but I finally managed it last night. Subsequent backups are incremental, and therefore a LOT easier.

In the midst of trying to back up, I tweeted the question of how I get it to back up files of 10gb and larger successfully in the hope someone would respond. A few hours later, I got this from Microsoft:

Bit spooky..

Thanks, my ipad (ios7) has now backed up, but my iphone 6 (ios8) is still refusing to complete. I only have the 5GB free, but there is plenty of space available, as the phone backup is only 2.9GB and the ipad is 1.1GB.

Soldato
I restored from iCloud personally but some say setting up as a new phone is better.

For me;

1/2 brightness all the time (unless sunny, then i wack it up to full)
Background app refresh off
Bluetooth off
Reduce transparency on
Reduce motion on
Location services > All system services off except find my iPhone and Apps when I use them like google maps, maps etc.
Manual fetch on all email accounts

Mines pretty similar settings to that apart from motion is on and email fetches every hour. Reset and erased all contents, seems to have done the trick. I suspect Line may be at fault, haven't installed it after reset and now getting 13 hours 47mins standby with 2 hours 30mins usage and still on 75%. :)

Soldato
Im sure i could have bent my iphone 5 in half if i tried hard enough.
If they are bending from just being in your pocket though, thats a different matter

Caporegime
STILL no eta from O2 on when I will be getting my phone. Such a joke.

Stock is scarce and in high demand, and anybody saying they have a firm delivery date is just guessing.

o2 won't give you a firm update likely because they don't have one. Its like this after every iphone launch and takes a month or so to sort itself out and become freely available.

Soldato
Ground the battery into the floor. Best I have ever seen on any iPhone (or smartphone come to that)

Permanently connected to 4G (no Wifi connection and its faster than works Wifi)

2zKYOF1.jpg.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Guest2, that's a 6 not a 6+ right? Very impressive if it's a 6!

I held both today and it's proving to be a tough choice. I think the 6 is probably going to win though just because it'll be more manageable.

Back
Top Bottom