BT Boast of 1000Mbps G.fast and FTTdp Broadband Technology Potential

Soldato
This. Why waste the time researching and testing these ideas? I would pay a higher initial install cost to get FTTP as you're going to be pretty future proof!

The idea is that its much quicker and easier to roll out than FTTP because they can make it available without involving homeowners at all. The mini dslams don't need planning permission or new power connections either.

In addition since they'll be bringing Fibre so much closer to homes, and getting all the duct clearing etc out of the way it'll drastically reduce the cost of their FTTP on demand installs.

It seems like a pretty good solution to me, they'll be able to roll it out nationwide pretty quickly, give people a service potentially 10 times better than FTTC could do, position themselves for a future FTTP rollout and make FTTPoD affordable for the handful of people who don't want to wait.

Soldato
OP
I think its a good idea for certain situations. I am still quite far from my cabinet and only get around 20 down. I live in a small hamlet of 9 houses on the outskirts of town and if a remote note was installed near by we would get much improved speeds at a lower cost than installing fttp to everyone.

Back
Top Bottom