PES 2015

Associate
I have to agree with the above. After not liking any pro evo since 6 this game feels very solid and fluid. I have yet to see any dumb mistake from the Ai or gk, which happens almost every game in fifa.

Also a quick question, is there going to be some sort of pro clubs mode for pro evo?

Dedicated 11v11 Lobbies: Makes large-scale multi-player games more fluid and easy to set up.

So I guess more like online team play or pro clubs than full on clubs with promotion and relegation at stake. At least from the information I've found.

There's also a co-op style mode where you control segments of the team only (Def/mid/att and can only control players from those sections of the team.

Soldato
Would also like to know more about the pro clubs game mode if there is one..

Do you HAVE to play with randoms? Can you play with just a few friends for example like FIFA before they omitted it from the PS3 version?

Associate
Would also like to know more about the pro clubs game mode if there is one..

Do you HAVE to play with randoms? Can you play with just a few friends for example like FIFA before they omitted it from the PS3 version?

Pretty sure you'll be able to play with friends, as you've always been able to invite people to lobbies in previous PES games, I see no reason for that to change. From the information available you simply won't be able to play promotion style seasons matches and have a record to maintain.

Soldato
1080p 60fps on PS4
720p 60fps on Xbox One

I'm quite surprised it's only 720p on the xbone as surely it's not the most demanding game ever?

Doesn't this game use the Fox engine used by metal gear solid, as mgs ran at higher res on ps4 so looks like it could be engine limited , esram issues or something.. I hardly think its totally down to the hardware.

Caporegime
Doesn't this game use the Fox engine used by metal gear solid, as mgs ran at higher res on ps4 so looks like it could be engine limited , esram issues or something.. I hardly think its totally down to the hardware.

To be honest it sounds like it's down to the hardware... XBONE is inferior in that respect. I can't imagine how much MS are now regretting skimping on the specifications... it just makes their console look like a three-legged dog vs the PS4 every time an article like this is made public.

Last edited:
Soldato
The demo is fantastic. Plays really well.

It sure is.

When the game finishes it make me want to play another game. I don't get that feeling with FIFA. I'm not a great player, no idea how to use the special button etc... but it feels so rewarding when I manage to beat Barcelona (with Bayern Munchen I must add) while hanging on to a 0-1 win. They were all over me I have to sit deep and hit them on the break with Robben and Ribery.

One thing I have noticed though and have seen mentioned on another forum, the AI players don't seem to put all that many tackles in/give away many fouls.

When is this coming out btw ?

Caporegime
Liked what I played of the PES demo but I swear I fee like I'm just outgrowing footy games or need a break from them this year - haven't touched FIFA at all (damn you Destiny)
1080p 60fps on PS4
720p 60fps on Xbox One

I'm quite surprised it's only 720p on the xbone as surely it's not the most demanding game ever?
FOX engine uses deferred rendering - still the gap shouldn't be as wide but that explains a lot of it. Some also think that considering the game and where its most popular having an inferior XO version isn't a massive issue for Konami when it comes to PES sales...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Caporegime
So is there a clubs mode or is it just the normal mode but you can have 3 guests join you and can pick a particular position/area to control?

Sounds like it might need a year of polish before I get PES! Just nice to have a legit alternative to FIFA

Soldato
Played the demo on Friday. I must say it looks really good and the gameplay was great. There lies the problem. I also played Fifa 15 on the same night. And to me it looks and plays just as well.

The problem with PES is its presentation. Up until now I've always been a PES man (despite not purchasing a footy game in close to 5 years). To me the gameplay was its main selling point. It was top notch. Now EA have released a game that feel as good as... And to top it all off their overall presentation style is fantastic. It felt like I was watching a real football match.

I can't see myself getting both (when I do eventually get a ps4) but I now know that I'll probably be getting Fifa.

Soldato
OP
I have to agree with the above. After not liking any pro evo since 6 this game feels very solid and fluid. I have yet to see any dumb mistake from the Ai or gk, which happens almost every game in fifa.

Also a quick question, is there going to be some sort of pro clubs mode for pro evo?

So is there a clubs mode or is it just the normal mode but you can have 3 guests join you and can pick a particular position/area to control?

Sounds like it might need a year of polish before I get PES! Just nice to have a legit alternative to FIFA

There is a 11 vs 11 mode

"Dedicated 11v11 Lobbies: Makes large-scale multi-player games more fluid and easy to set up!"

Their will also be a new game mode called Role Control: "Role Control allows three players to divide the defensive, midfield and attacking roles between them for more structured multi-player action. This new mode means players govern their selected area and adds a new cooperative slant to the game."

Last edited:
Caporegime
Thanks dude - sorry about asking something I should have googled - I will buy PES, but I might see how FIFA grabs me in the meantime whether how quickly I pick PES up. Really busy gaming period coming...

Associate
To be honest it sounds like it's down to the hardware... XBONE is inferior in that respect. I can't imagine how much MS are now regretting skimping on the specifications... it just makes their console look like a three-legged dog vs the PS4 every time an article like this is made public.
can't blame the hardware on this ;) its the engine,if the xbox can run both fifa and diablo 3 at 1080p it could run a less demanding game like pes at 1080p.apparently microsoft have sent engineers over to konami to help them get the res up just like they did with diablo.i own both consoles and in all honesty when your sat there playing on both you can't see this "huge gap" theres supposed to be between the two,i have fifa on both consoles and it looks better on xbox :confused:

Soldato
OP
Thanks dude - sorry about asking something I should have googled - I will buy PES, but I might see how FIFA grabs me in the meantime whether how quickly I pick PES up. Really busy gaming period coming...

Get on killzone! ;)

Soldato
Just seen this:

"The Xbox One version, however, will include support for up to 8 players. On PS4, that's limited to 4 players."

Is that just for on the same console? Not online play?

I'm fed up of Fifa and seeing the same dumb a.i and getting annoyed with the same old dumb mistakes such as players not being able to clear a ball when the gk in by them and they just run in too each other etc....If this plays like pro evo 5/6 I'll be happy.

Soldato
Is that just for on the same console? Not online play?

I'm fed up of Fifa and seeing the same dumb a.i and getting annoyed with the same old dumb mistakes such as players not being able to clear a ball when the gk in by them and they just run in too each other etc....If this plays like pro evo 5/6 I'll be happy.

No idea to be honest, others seem to be saying it has 11v11 so there is hope!

Back
Top Bottom