• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

On the hunt - 6950 water blocks?

Associate
So, i decided to go crossfire, with two Powercolor HD 6950 graphics cards -_-
Im amazed at the performance yes..... but..... the fans are sooooo noisy! it seriously sounds like its taking off!

So im looking for the correct 6950 water blocks, my cards are version 2 for the block type, there is one block that i would really like - Komodo 6950 water block.

But they don't make them anymore :( they would fit my cards but i cant find any, there are other water cooling blocks out there but i don't know if they will fit as it does not say on there website + powercolor cards are different to the standard version - thus version 2.

So if anyone knows where someone is selling some then please* help, as my computer is being let down by the noise :( im already water cooled apart from the GPU's.

Thanks

Jake

Soldato
Swiftech komodo blocks were like gold dust even while the 6900 was current, I should also mention performance on them was dire, restrictive and poor temps.

Check coolingconfigurator to see what ek blocks fit, you'll have a better chance of sourcing ek then you will swiftech.

Soldato
Correct, if in doubt look for copper blocks.

Tbh most were mistaking nickel flaking for staining anyhow, the brunt of the nickel issues were around the gtx400/hd5000 era.

Back
Top Bottom