Identify this spider...

Associate
OP
What does it matter which species it is?

Important reasons to do with the survival of the human race and stuff!

Standard issue garden spider

Oh good... the google image pics of garden spider look a lot like it! I was googling false widow and thinking it looks a tiny bit like that.

Its got some threatening looking markings for a standard issue spider. Wouldntmesswith/10

Associate
OP
Think its had a baby, theres a wee bawbag spider up the top left corner building a tiny web on its own. Bit pointless because its right behind mommys web which is gonna catch everything first.

Soldato
What is it with the hysteria surrounding false widows? sure a bite is going to hurt, but it is rather unlikely to kill you.
If you have a spider in the house you have two main choices, kill it or throw it out. Identifying it is only relevant if it is likely to be something deadly.

Caporegime
What is it with the hysteria surrounding false widows? sure a bite is going to hurt, but it is rather unlikely to kill you.
If you have a spider in the house you have two main choices, kill it or throw it out. Identifying it is only relevant if it is likely to be something deadly.

What hysteria?

Soldato
What hysteria?

Perhaps it is just personal experience, perhaps I have a number of friends that are spineless, brainless fools, perhaps I frequent far too many websites where when someone wants to identify a spider it is because they think it might be a false widow and that a bite might mean instant death because of misleading 'news' articles.

Caporegime
Haven't you seen the articles in the likes of the daily fail, claiming a builder disturbed a nest and got bitten and his leg damn near fell off as a result?
Sensationalist nonsense, but there's a lot of hooing and harring about it.

Wow, they sound really dangerous. So how can I protect myself from this menace?

Back
Top Bottom