I want new cables!

Associate
Hi,

I'm looking for some decent quality cables, with what seems like the following strange combination:

RCA Male to XLR male

Can anyone recommend a pair of these (preferably shielded)?

All suggestions welcome!
Thanks!

Associate
Just buy a decent pair of phono cables, then some XLR / phono plug adaptors. Are your outputs balanced? Cos phono inputs aren't.

Man of Honour
Nick1881 is spot on with his recommendations. Although I'm not a fan of the Canare phono plugs because I think they're over-long and put a bit too much strain on domestic phono sockets when the cables are draped, the rest of components used and the workmanship from Mark Grant is very good.

I make cables on-site when doing professional installs, so I am familiar with the Van Damme cable used in the Designacable XLR-phono leads because it's one of the cables I carry for site use myself. It's a shielded cable and very good without being mad money. So depending on how it's wired at the XLR end then you could have signal, ground and shield all wired in the lead.

IMG_1983.jpg

IMG_1984.jpg

For what Designacable are charging I think it would be hard to find something much cheaper of the same quality unless you went DIY. Even then, you'd hardly save much, if anything.

Good cables can't add what's not in the signal. But they can make sure that the signal arrives in good condition and there's something quite satisfying about owning nicely made components.

Soldato
I was just choosing to ignore Spoffle ;)

It's a good job I wasn't talking to you then wasn't it?

Who??? ha ha ha!

Ouch! The latent butthurt is strong! You've still never provided evidence to back up your extraordinary claims about speaker cables and their sound properties other than you hear differences.

I really find the willful ignorance with regards to speaker cables and their magic extraordinary properties, a little disturbing.

Back
Top Bottom