Dual monitors - not sure what to go for

Associate
Hi all,
I am looking to buy a dual monitor setup for my Macbook pro retina but am not sure what to go for. I'm not too bothered about gaming so response times aren't critical, it'll be used primarily for uni work (i.e C# programming, assignment work etc.) where the extra screen will make a huge difference for this purpose.

My budget is around £120 per monitor, size 23"+ and preferably IPS. There seem to be a few monitors at this price range that look like they will suit my needs but I'm not exactly sure what to go for. Any suggestions?

Associate
Realistically you are already looking at IPS monitors which is spot on for dual monitors - and essential for triple monitor setup due to the wide viewing angle. Any IPS monitor that you buy in that price range should treat you very well!

Looking at OCUK they have out of stock LG IPS for £119.99 Here

Also a bit over your price range but some Dell IPS Here for £164.99

I have experienced LG IPS and had no issues, and currently use 2 x Dell IPS monitors and absolutely love them

Associate
OP
I hadn't considered the 29" displays, are there advantages of these over having two seperate screens? What appealed to me was having content shown independently on each screen.

To be fair I've been completely out of the loop with external displays after using just a latop for many years now, but it gets a bit tiring watching a small display (albeit a very nice one) day after day.

Associate
OP
Realistically you are already looking at IPS monitors which is spot on for dual monitors - and essential for triple monitor setup due to the wide viewing angle. Any IPS monitor that you buy in that price range should treat you very well!

Looking at OCUK they have out of stock LG IPS for £119.99 Here

Also a bit over your price range but some Dell IPS Here for £164.99

I have experienced LG IPS and had no issues, and currently use 2 x Dell IPS monitors and absolutely love them

Thanks, the LG screens were the ones I had my eye on but was waiting for some feedback before considering them an option.

I may actually consider a triple monitor setup at some point in the future so it's good to know these monitors would be suitable for that purpose. :)

Associate
OP
Wow! Thats a very nice setup. Unfortunately I couldnt quite stretch for the Dell monitors so have opted for 2 x LG 23" IPS monitors for £120 each. I guess for temporary measures I could use my MBP screen as a 3rd display. :) Can't wait to get it all running.

Associate
Thanks, the LG screens were the ones I had my eye on but was waiting for some feedback before considering them an option.

I may actually consider a triple monitor setup at some point in the future so it's good to know these monitors would be suitable for that purpose. :)

I've not used those LG monitors specifically, but I've got 3 LGs in a triple screen setup in the office (2 IPS235 and 1 IPS234) and they are great monitors. Picture is clear from all angles. Assuming that model isn't radically different, I'm sure you'd be very happy with them.

Back
Top Bottom