Iphone 6 from giffgaff ?

Soldato
Anyone used this site before wondering how reliable they are as they are currently doing by far the best deal :)

Just waiting for them to get the space grey model back in stock as I cant pre order .. :( is there anyway of knowin when it will be back in ?

Soldato
Compare them to Tesco (same network, all runs on O2) and it's £45/m for a 64Gb 6 with zero up front, £17 of that is the sim (subscription drops to £17 after 24 months), remaining £28 is for the handset but unlike GiggGaff it's interest free. OK on GiffGaff you can vary your subscription which may work for you better?

Associate
I Used GG to get my (And the wifes) iP6 (16gb & 64gb Space Grey models).

Not used them for the airtime, just the handset purchase on a monthly basis while i wait for my o2 contract to run out.

Handsets are totally unlocked so that a bonus.

Next day delivery

Associate
The prices of the handsets with GiffGaff are the same as in the Apple Store so I'm not really sure what the advantage of getting one through GiffGaff is unless you need the finance. I managed to get a reservation at an Apple Store rather than waiting to order one too.

It's also worth noting that GiffGaff don't currently offer 4G if your a new customer, even on the iPhone 6 deals. I've just renewed my existing Pay Monthly deal with Tesco for 12 months at £12.50/month (£150/year) . For that I get 2GB data allowance per month and it's a 4G network.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I went to look on Saturday as I need a phone before Friday my current number is being cancelled , ended up getting an s5 as i didn't want to pay like 140 quid up front for the phone then 45 quid a month, i love apple phones but it's ridiculously expensive .

Soldato
Another note is you're not really taking out a contract with giffgaff, it's more of a loan if you take out finance for the phone. You do however need to top up £10 for a SIM but you're not tied to the network and use a different network's SIM only plan.

Back
Top Bottom