moving girlfriend in?

Soldato
I don't think you're the one who has done the 'escaping'...just a hunch.

Whatever.... because you know me dont you :rolleyes:

If you had bothered to read properly you would know i am now happily commited to a lovely woman who is not a crazy.

I had bad luck, but of course you already know that dont you, seeing as you have magicial powers that enable you to know all about my life.

I look forward to the day you meet and get serious with a woman who turns out to be bonkers... they ruin everything they touch but of course at the start they are able to do the gorgeous princess routine to perfection.

These forums are steadily filling up with trolls....

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't have kids or you will be *******. I do appreciate the comments regarding 'trust issues' and the 'first thing you think about with the gf moving in' but clearly it wasn't the first thing he thought about as she was already moving in but an afterthought worth thinking about. I consider myself a realist but genuinely enjoy some peoples naivety (or hope depending on your definitioin) about this subject and I hope they find their fairytale princess.

Meanwhile i'll be working down at the CSA listening to adults act like children and some of the most ridiculous self entitlement comments you can imagine, which aren't few and far between but seem to be the normal way of thinking.

Caporegime
In a perfect world I'd tell you not to worry and just go ahead letting her move in and deal with any consequences of a breakup when/if it happens. I suppose it lands on what you favour more, money or happiness. Stop her moving in because you're afraid of losing money or let her move in and have many years of happiness together and if it did go south all of that is still worth more than some extra money you would save.

I'm pretty optimistic though and it would take a woman who took me to the cleaners for everything and made my life financially difficult to change my mindset on things.

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Maybe I'm a little weird but if I owned a house outright (I work from home) and all that was left was usual bills etc I would be drawing up a 'contract' for the girlfriend to sign. I bought the house so it's mine simple as that and no matter what relationship I'm in that would be my view.... obviously having kids would make it different as they would come first.

What I would be doing (and I'm not a lawyer etc) is I'd work out my yearly outlay on the property including bills/taxes etc and then set a proportion as 'rent' for the girlfriend to pay. I would set this out in a contract and get her to sign it, explaining why I'm doing it... this would include the possible rent allowance on income (iirc you can get £2.5k tax free although I'd need to check for certain on this) :). Things like food and nights out/holidays etc wouldn't be included as they wouldn't matter in general but they'd be 'split'.

Would I expect her to stick to it, not really but at the end of the day it's protection over a huge financial asset that I'd have worked hard to pay for etc.

If you get married then obviously things would change (personally I want a prenup but they're not really worth much in the UK) but at the girlfriend stage I'd be doing everything I can to make sure I don't get shafted.

Last edited:
Soldato
Maybe I'm a little weird but if I owned a house outright (I work from home) and all that was left was usual bills etc I would be drawing up a 'contract' for the girlfriend to sign. I bought the house so it's mine simple as that and no matter what relationship I'm in that would be my view.... obviously having kids would make it different as they would come first.

What I would be doing (and I'm not a lawyer etc) is I'd work out my yearly outlay on the property including bills/taxes etc and then set a proportion as 'rent' for the girlfriend to pay. I would set this out in a contract and get her to sign it, explaining why I'm doing it... this would include the possible rent allowance on income (iirc you can get £2.5k tax free although I'd need to check for certain on this) :). Things like food and nights out/holidays etc wouldn't be included as they wouldn't matter in general but they'd be 'split'.

Would I expect her to stick to it, not really but at the end of the day it's protection over a huge financial asset that I'd have worked hard to pay for etc.

If you get married then obviously things would change (personally I want a prenup but they're not really worth much in the UK) but at the girlfriend stage I'd be doing everything I can to make sure I don't get shafted.

This is.... modern girls have been brought up with spoilt princess attitude... the pout and tantrum if you suggested a perfectly reasonable contract like that would be EPIC.

Associate
This is.... modern girls have been brought up with spoilt princess attitude... the pout and tantrum if you suggested a perfectly reasonable contract like that would be EPIC.

It makes me genuinely quite sad that you feel this way about all modern girls :(

Soldato
It makes me genuinely quite sad that you feel this way about all modern girls :(

Well ive yet to meet a girl who would not have a big tantrum and explode if offered the above contract. How would you're mrs react i wonder?

Of course not ALL girls are like this, but it certainly seems to be a prevalent attitude. Its always "take him for all he has girl.... you DESERVE it! " etc

Then you get women asking "where are all the nice men" !!!... lol run to ground because of the psychos im afraid ladies!

Caporegime
First long term gf, moved in together in a rented house-share after 4 months, broke up a year later.

Second never lived together.

Third, moved in together in a rented house-share after 1 month (lol) split up 6 months later.

Fourth, moved in together in a rented house-share after 6 months, and then bought a property 6 months later, which we lived in for 4 years before breaking up. Property was in her name, I covered bills and food. Even though we have broken up, it was amicable, and I will be getting a share of the value when she sells the flat.

Statistically, more of your relationships will end, than will go the distance. True story.

Soldato
This type of attitude is why we have to put up with feminists.

No attitude just how it is.

Tbh i really wonder if half of the posters in this thread have even dated a real woman, because all you going about my "attitude" have either been REALLY REALLY lucky to have never come across a total witch.... or you have only dated a handful of women. :o

Soldato
In my experience when things are going well women are completely reasonable, when it goes south they're as mad as a bag of soapy frogs!

I'm sure that goes for men as well but I don't go out with men ;)

Last edited:
Associate
No attitude just how it is.

Tbh i really wonder if half of the posters in this thread have even dated a real woman, because all you going about my "attitude" have either been REALLY REALLY lucky to have never come across a total witch.... or you have only dated a handful of women. :o

It just makes me sad that you assume based on your own experience that there are more witches than nice girls. I dunno, every case is different. Yes some people get lucky.

But considering that there are a HUGE number of factors built around having a relationship with someone(how you meet each other/ both person's frame of mind at the start AND during any relationship/ how you treat each other during a relationship/ events that occur separately in each others lives and how they affect the relationship... etc SO MANY) I simply CAN NOT agree with your forewarnings of doom and opinions of 'women of today'.

Soldato
Even if I had come across a total witch I wouldn't tar every woman with the same brush like you seem to do. You come across extremely bitter towards women because you've had a bad experience with one.

Seem to do.... i have said several times of course not ALL women are like this. I suggest you read a little more carefully in future.

I really get the feeling a lot of the posters on these forums live in some sort of alternate reality where it is all fluffy bunnies and free money, where everyone is nice and nothing bad ever happens.

Anyway im out... peace yall... ;)

Soldato
I've been on both sides of the fence regarding totally rational, reasonable women and total nut jobs.

Like anyone and anything in life you have a wide spectrum from bad to good and your goal is to filter out the crap and keep the good. (including friends and partners)

I've had a girl once who stormed out of a live ice hockey game we were at because the lady in front got up and walked left while the puck also went that direction and I was accused of 'eyeing her up' - haha

I never took that one any further!

My wife now though is the most rational person I've ever met - male or female. She shares my attitude really - logical, realistic, mature approach to situations.
People may not believe me, but in our 7.5 year relationship we have not had 1 single argument.
We've had half a dozen times where we annoyed each other a bit sure - but luckily we are both intelligent, mature people so it's not an issue at all. We understand that it will happen but the worst case is we agree to disagree and move on. Disagreeing is allowed...

I've also seen people screwed over for everything they have though. My Uncle and his Son was left in huge debt after a 20 year marriage and she had been planning this for at least 7 years. He'll never recover financially. My wifes Dad also lost everything and is now moving back in with her just for practical reasons even though the relationship ended badly.

It's always best to cover yourself - if the girl can't understand your reasoning then I'd question whether they are suitable. They wouldn't be for me I know that much

Soldato
Luckily my taste usually avoids that sort of woman... far too high maintenance for my tastes lol

Associate
Facebook.

ITT many naive guys.

tumblr_n5up5iBFJk1qaxsuro1_500_zpse01e4114.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom