*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Associate
Okay, i'm probably been thick here. But i got a bounty for IronBanner to kill 50 guardians in the IB playlist. I've got the shader the IB guy was selling and the emblem, but my kills aren't going up in the bounty? What am i missing?

Associate
As somebody who is now level 28 who doesn't like pvp and has finished the vault of glass what is the reason for me to keep playing other than maxing out my weapons and armour? is there any more missions or strikes to unlock?

Caporegime
As somebody who is now level 28 who doesn't like pvp and has finished the vault of glass what is the reason for me to keep playing other than maxing out my weapons and armour? is there any more missions or strikes to unlock?

If you're not interested in repeating the vault of glass or weekly nightfall for the loot, then nope. Come back when expansion pack 1 is released.

Soldato
Okay, i'm probably been thick here. But i got a bounty for IronBanner to kill 50 guardians in the IB playlist. I've got the shader the IB guy was selling and the emblem, but my kills aren't going up in the bounty? What am i missing?

I believe you need the class item as well. Im not sure if the armour you can buy from the vendor counts, but the cosmetic item should. You will need to be rank 2 to buy them

Associate
If you're not interested in repeating the vault of glass or weekly nightfall for the loot, then nope. Come back when expansion pack 1 is released.

Any idea when the expansion will be released? i really enjoyed the game so far but ive had enough of doing the same thing over and over, i didn't mind the grind when i was still after legendary gear but now i have all that as well getting from level 28+ 30 is just constant grind doing the same thing just to have a higher level number, im bored but feel bad not playing it lol

Associate
Just went into an iron banner match at level 2, using the scout rifle the gun smith gives you, still doing damage to the level 28+ people. Even managed a kill! Stat boost came up on the side, so it seems to give you some boost if you're not high level. If all armour values and such are taken into account surely a 26 damage scout rifle shouldn't hurt the people with exotic/legendary armour? Unless the stat boost thing also boosted my gun up so it could.

When playing as my level 29 Titan I really couldn't tell much difference between iron banner and normal crucible games, so maybe something isn't quite right with it!

Associate
Just went into an iron banner match at level 2, using the scout rifle the gun smith gives you, still doing damage to the level 28+ people. Even managed a kill! Stat boost came up on the side, so it seems to give you some boost if you're not high level. If all armour values and such are taken into account surely a 26 damage scout rifle shouldn't hurt the people with exotic/legendary armour? Unless the stat boost thing also boosted my gun up so it could.

When playing as my level 29 Titan I really couldn't tell much difference between iron banner and normal crucible games, so maybe something isn't quite right with it!

"COME PLAY IRON BANNER GUYZ, WHERE YOUR GEAR ACTUALLY MATTERS!!1!"

god dammit Bungie.

Associate
Not having much joy in the IB at the moment. I'm still holding my own to an extent but seem to get teamed up with headless chickens who seem to sacrifice themselves to the enemy onslaught. :(

Soldato
Thanks to ps3ud0 for the quick canter through the weekly at 22 and 26. His mate who rocked up literally as we finished off the archon got the easiest legendary and 6 coins ever!

Soldato
Adding matchmaking to VoG will inevitably end up with Bungie nerfing it to stop casual players complaining that it's far too difficult. In any MMO, raids are designed to be the pinnacle of the game; extremely difficult but highly rewarding. Raids are end game content and by their very nature, are not meant to be completed on the first day of release.

If Bungie add matchmaking, the following will happen:

1. Random fireteams attempt the raid with zero communication or understanding of strategies;
2. The fireteam wipes;
3. The fireteam wipes again;
4. The fireteam continues to wipe;
5. Everyone on the fireteam complains that the raid is too difficult;
6. More fireteams complain that the raid is too difficult;
7. Bungie listen to said complaints and reduce the difficulty of the raid.

With DestinyLFG, the Bungie forums and various other message boards around the world it isn't difficult to find people to do end game content with. If you're still struggling, go search and join a clan on the Bungie website.

So looking for random people off forums is better than an automated matchmaker? You still don't know what you are going to get. :D

I'd rather have an automated system where I can search from the living room than go to my computer and search. If I wanted to use my computer I would have a gaming pc again.

If they are going to reduce the difficulty then it will happen, if they add matchmaking then it will happen, if they reduce the difficulty then don't play the game if you think it makes it boring. Quite simple.

Who knows they might add matchmaking and it might stay the same but more people get to experience the content and continue playing...;)

Soldato
I've played a good 15 or so IB matches now and can safely say it feels exactly the same as Crucible. :confused:

Same, I hopped on to try it out as I've had my fill of the PvE but I couldn't spot any difference.

One thing (of many) I think they ought to change is how PvP rewards are done, I finished top twice (out of 10+ games) and got nothing at all but both times the worst player got some nice gear.

I know they have to give some incentive for low level/ability players but I think either it should be tiered from a 100% (1st place) to 50% (last place) chance of an item or just don't show me what other people get so it can't annoy me.

Fired up the PvE last night after a few days off and took one trip to the bounty collector to remind me why I quit playing - SSDD.

Soldato
Iron Banner is either not working as intended or if it is, it's another really poor event and very little point in doing it over regular control.

I'm also finding there are a lot more quitters due to not receiving rep if you lose so people are quitting to find new lobbies.

Back
Top Bottom