RIP Totality

Soldato
Oh dear, the news that one OCUK forum member had taken their own life a good few years back was very shocking, I certainly wasn't expecting it to be something I'd hear happen again on here.

RIP

Associate
I've been on other forums were the news of members taking their own life has been met with rather unhelpful (and in some cases upsetting) comments, mainly from members who hold a particular viewpoint on the act itself. I haven't seen a single negative comment here, and not a single post removed or moderated, and I think that speaks very highly of the community here.

Man of Honour
A weird request but if any of you reach that low point in your life where suicide seems the only solution then please leave an explanation note.
My family are still grieving the fact that my 23 year old nephew took his life and nobody has a clue why.
The day before he had a party for his son, in the evening they had a party for the adults and there are some amazing happy pictures of him.
He got up Sunday morning, saw his wife off to work, got the hoover & polishing stuff out, casually went upstairs and put his favourite England shirt on and then hung himself from the attic. The first rope broke and he got another.
His Mum (my Sister In Law) bought his son home, shouted him and walked upstairs where she found him and I still get upset about what no Mother should ever see.
No explanation, nothing :(

Soldato
Really terrible news, so saddening. :(

I lost my dad to suicide and can echo the sentiments that not knowing the reason is really hard to get over.

My thoughts go to his family and friends during this hard time.

RIP Doug

Back
Top Bottom