The Scottish Referendum

Associate
OI, PARLIAMENT!!! The Scottish have had their independency referendum so why can't we have one for our independency from Europe and the British Parliament can take all it's powers back?

No doubt Cameron'll have negotitions so that terms can be made and he reaches a compromise (mostly on Brussels' terms) resulting in a partial pull out.

Soldato
THere's always somebody who has to be a wise guy hasn't there??:D:D
But seriously, If I was a troll, I'd be permabanned by now and the OP was a serious question.

Sorry, i couldn't resist.

As a serious response to your question - is it so bad that we are part of the EU? We've managed to keep hold of the pound, and despite the money we put in doesn't being involved help our economy considerably anyway?

Associate
OP
How could it be a serious question when you were asking a computer forum instead of Parliament?

Because I'd need an envelope stuffed cull of cash to get a straight forward answer. Come next year the politicians;ll be begging us to vote for them. But I'd make them sign a legally binding contract which states that they will do everthing they can to carry out their promises (I bet they'll flounce off when asked to read and sign it) but it's also a matter of who has the fattest envelope

Soldato
Hmm you actually haven't lost any Power at all.

Somethings are best left decided at a European Level the democratically elected UK minister involved has a vote on this quite often this is a weighted vote. See Council of the European Union.

http://europa.eu/about-eu/institutions-bodies/council-eu/index_en.htm

The law before being passed is also decided and amended by the democratically elected MEPs.

Can you be specific on which of the European lvl laws you would like to be discussed at only national level?

Back
Top Bottom