*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Soldato
Earth was the very first one so I'd be surprised if it went back to that without doing Flayers first.

Then again with the way the Strike Playlist 'random' strike works I wouldn't be surprised to see the same strike 4 weeks in a row.

If it is gonna do them all you can pretty much guarantee Flayers w/ Angry (everyones favourite modifier when elite Phalanxes are involved...) and Arc Burn. Maybe Solar Burn or Melee Damage to round it off.

Associate
Hiding on the archon priest strike when its not nightfall? That's rather sad. I guess they may have had the bounty don't die on a strike thing but that seems a bit excessive.

Associate
Earth was the very first one so I'd be surprised if it went back to that without doing Flayers first.

Then again with the way the Strike Playlist 'random' strike works I wouldn't be surprised to see the same strike 4 weeks in a row.

If it is gonna do them all you can pretty much guarantee Flayers w/ Angry (everyones favourite modifier when elite Phalanxes are involved...) and Arc Burn. Maybe Solar Burn or Melee Damage to round it off.

What is a Flayer? a quick google looks like its one of those little annoying cabal things, but I don't think I've ever seen one around Mars.

Edit: Play Station exclusive strike?

Soldato
Yeah the Flayers are basically Major Psions, they're on the Dust Palace strike which is exclusive to PS3/4 until Autumn. They're not terribly dangerous but they take an awful long time to kill especially if you're not co-ordinating correctly.

Soldato
Hiding on the archon priest strike when its not nightfall? That's rather sad. I guess they may have had the bounty don't die on a strike thing but that seems a bit excessive.

So did I. Didn't stop me running around like a lunatic :p

The Flayers/Dust Palace is a PS exclusive til Autumn 2015 - its very unikely to feature

ps3ud0 :cool:

Ah I keep forgetting its an exclusive (lucky sods, its a pain in the ass of a strike).

Yeah the Flayers are basically Major Psions, they're on the Dust Palace strike which is exclusive to PS3/4 until Autumn. They're not terribly dangerous but they take an awful long time to kill especially if you're not co-ordinating correctly.

Yeah unless you can get a bit lucky with the knockback from a Rocket Launcher and send them off the edge they tend to take a while. Its not so much the boss itself, but the huge number of adds you have to kill in between each one.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Did the weekly nightfall just now with the help of Seize so thanks for that, made it much easier and didn't make me quite so afraid of dying. We used the cowards way of beating him but its so hard to do unless you hide from him.

My reward was pretty weak but I didn't realise that you get an XP boost for a week after completing it which is nice.

Associate
Not been able to get on for a few days having real trouble with a fractured scaphoid (broken wrist bone) need hand surgery (joy) going to try and get on tonight still have weekly strike to do im lvl 25 hunter... prob to low for nightfall's and stuff anyway add me on your friends lists please PSN ID: Dancula

Associate
I quite enjoy the Dust Palace strike when you have a good team, like all three of you surrounding the little guy beating the life out of him together, then moving on to the next. Plus as Evilsod says, a well timed rocket can sometimes blow them over the edge from the catwalk.

However, Nightfall.... Earth would be hard on the three waves at the start plus the shielded shanks at the end, Dust Palace would be very hard with all of the Phalanxes and trying to coordinate teamwork to focus on one at a time. I still think either would be more enjoyable than the Venus one we've just had mind.

Associate
Did the weekly nightfall just now with the help of Seize so thanks for that, made it much easier and didn't make me quite so afraid of dying. We used the cowards way of beating him but its so hard to do unless you hide from him.

My reward was pretty weak but I didn't realise that you get an XP boost for a week after completing it which is nice.

And you get light flying round your head as well! The bad news is I believe nightfall resets tomorrow AM so your vanguard bonus is only for tonight.

That said we can do another Tuesday night ! I am sure lots of others will also be on the day it all resets (to get the full 7 day Vanguard bonus)

Soldato
I have really got back into this after a couple weeks off (started playing then went on holiday and then had a week of not being home in the evenings...). Got my Warlock up to level 22 with a small amount of light needed for level 23.

Now the fun begins grinding up the vanguard rep / marks to be able to get some legendary gear (should get me to about level 25/26). Plenty of heroics / patrol missions to do now.

Associate
Anyone else having problems connecting to Destiny on PSN tonight? Get as far as selcting my character, then I just get the pop-up message telling me I can't connect for some reason? :confused:

Associate
Keeping getting error message .

You have lost connection to Destiny Servers. Your permission to access Online multiplayer blah blah.......

I'm not trying to play online , just trying to log in.

Any idea please?

Just read that PSN is down but surely you can still play story mode?

Associate
The loot system needs a general overhaul much like D3 needed on release.

Personally I think the higher level content should make better rewards more likely. You still keep the random loot system but you'd be much more likely to have better items after a Raid or Nightfall for example.

This leaves the chance for random exotics/rares etc and the possibility that you won't be rewarded as highly (keeping people playing).

Along with this change, more content would be lovely.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Yeah the loot reward system is quite ridiculous. I completed the raid the other night and got 2 ascendent shards. Thats a rubbish reward for hours of work. Ascendent energy seems much more common than shards as well yet I find that I need way more shards.

Back
Top Bottom