Jules Bianchi thread for updates and discussion

Caporegime
There really should have been, and probably will be going forward, a maximum speed through double waved yellows. Every driver on the grid will slow down as little as they can get away with believing that someone ahead of them might slow down more and they can gain an advantage. Also how many drivers could honestly say that they were in a position to 'prepare to stop'? None I bet. It's time to take the decision about how slow they are from their hands.

Soldato
Coddling the drivers isn't the way forward. If you take the responsibility from the drivers hands, they're even less likely to respect the flags in future. Bottom line is, these guys are risking their lives, but not only that, they are risking the lives of people working trackside, so they should have a bit of common sense to go with it and slow down.

The drivers know the rules - double yellows mean marshalls are trackside and they should slow right down yet they've demonstrated time and again that they can't be trusted to do so.

If they're going to act like irresponsible children then they should be treated as such and have the decision taken out of their hands by a safety car.

You're right that it shouldn't be necessary and double yellows should be enough but the fact remains that it's not. As my driving instructor used to say, it's not who's right, it's who's left.

Associate
It wasn't filmed on any TV cameras, it was caught on cctv, which is what the media where shown.
Not sure if you watched the ******** footage, but a TV camera filmed the whole thing. You can clearly see it swing round to track jules crashing.

For obvious reasons, the footage it captured wasn't released, and it wasn't switched to during the broadcast. I know they can see what every cameraman is filming, and that was certainly one of their cameras.

Man of Honour
That is no what has been released and said. Ted went to the briefing and was shown a clip from cctv, and as above told race control didn't see it as it wasn't filmed on the normal cameras.

I watched the users video from the grandstand, not sure if that's the same one as WikiLeaks and also one from a different angle posted in this thread.

Don
There's a camera right in front of it. It seems implausible that he didn't catch even the aftermath, unless he panned back to the track afterwards thinking it would have been seen or reported otherwise.

Associate
With regards to the circuit cameras, I've seen similar in the past at Donington where they had their own camera system installed - they used to display in the old media centre above the pit garages.

I'd expect this is for monitoring possible circuit incidents for events which do not have TV cameras in place, and if you think about it, is probably how race commentators get their picture feed at those races.

Associate
That is no what has been released and said. Ted went to the briefing and was shown a clip from cctv, and as above told race control didn't see it as it wasn't filmed on the normal cameras.

I watched the users video from the grandstand, not sure if that's the same one as WikiLeaks and also one from a different angle posted in this thread.

It was certainly their camera, all TV networks use the same footage during the racing.

Another example, is when sergio perez crashed in monaco years ago.

There was a camera just above where he crashed, but the footage from that was never shown.

You can see the cameraman pointing the camera at him though.

Video for reference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOM5SzxEFGU

Soldato
Not sure if you watched the ******** footage, but a TV camera filmed the whole thing. You can clearly see it swing round to track jules crashing.

For obvious reasons, the footage it captured wasn't released, and it wasn't switched to during the broadcast. I know they can see what every cameraman is filming, and that was certainly one of their cameras.
I've looked through a handful of videos on ********, and they're all the same - it's the one filmed by a punter in the stands. He shouts 'Oh my god' and wobbles the camera after impact.

Unless you have some other video you'd care to share, I'd believe FIA when they say the FOM cameras missed the incident itself. They may have caught immediately afterwards, though. Either way, I'd be surprised any unbroadcast FOM footage got leaked.

Last edited:
Soldato
BIANCHI’S FATHER SPEAKS: “IT’S DESPERATE BUT JULES IS STILL FIGHTING. HE WON’T GIVE UP”

“The situation is desperate. Every time the telephone goes, we know it could be the hospital to tell us that Jules is dead. But initially they said that the first 24 hours were crucial. Then it became the first 72 hours and here we are still with Jules, who is fighting.
“He will succeed in the most important qualifying lap of his life. He won’t give up, I’m sure of that.

“I can see it. I believe it. I speak to him. I know he can hear me. His doctors have told us that this is already a miracle, no one has ever survived such a serious accident. But Jules won’t give-up. His trainer Andrea says that if there is one person who can make it happen, with his will, it’s Jules.”

Philippe Bianchi, the father of Jules Bianchi has spoken to Italian sports paper La Gazzetta dello Sport about the plight of his son Jules, 25, who was injured in an accident with a course vehicle in the Japanese Grand Prix and remains in a critical but stable condition in Yokkaichi hospital in Japan

Full article http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2014/...ks-its-desperate-but-jules-is-still-fighting/

Man of Honour
Is it wrong to hope he doesn't make it if the alternative is him living as an almost vegetable unable to do anything, let alone the sport he loved? Kinda how I feel at the moment. It's such a shame.

Soldato
Is it wrong to hope he doesn't make it if the alternative is him living as an almost vegetable unable to do anything, let alone the sport he loved? Kinda how I feel at the moment. It's such a shame.

No, it's not wrong. Quality of life is important

I feel that Bianchi will be lucky to ever become aware that he's in such a state, though. We can hope for a miracle, but honestly I think he died in that crash and his body is only being sustained just in case he didn't.

alx

alx

Soldato
I've looked through a handful of videos on ********, and they're all the same - it's the one filmed by a punter in the stands. He shouts 'Oh my god' and wobbles the camera after impact.

Unless you have some other video you'd care to share, I'd believe FIA when they say the FOM cameras missed the incident itself. They may have caught immediately afterwards, though. Either way, I'd be surprised any unbroadcast FOM footage got leaked.

Didn't a TV camera capture Sutil's crash? If so was it not pointing in the same direction when Bianchi crashed? Or am I mistaken?

Soldato
Didn't a TV camera capture Sutil's crash? If so was it not pointing in the same direction when Bianchi crashed? Or am I mistaken?

You'd assume so, perhaps it had zoomed in on Sutil? Maybe they just weren't looking at the camera itself, as without knowing another car had gone in you wouldn't have seen anything (there was a little steam and you could see some wreckage, but unless you were looking for it you wouldn't guess.

Race Control apparently knew nothing of it until the marshals had radioed in (you see the marshal nearest Bianchi's car on the radio after giving the signal for assistance).

Back
Top Bottom