Jules Bianchi thread for updates and discussion

Associate
I've looked through a handful of videos on ********, and they're all the same - it's the one filmed by a punter in the stands. He shouts 'Oh my god' and wobbles the camera after impact.

Unless you have some other video you'd care to share, I'd believe FIA when they say the FOM cameras missed the incident itself. They may have caught immediately afterwards, though. Either way, I'd be surprised any unbroadcast FOM footage got leaked.
I meant in that footage you can see a cameraman by the corner filming it https://i.imgur.com/SaguQIB.png?1
look bottom left of the image

Man of Honour
I mean not dead as in their hiding it but dead as in he's being kept alive but nobodys home?

Still no, they can easily detect brain dead at which point they would be asking the family to turn the machines off and with the top doctors in hand to advise them, they would make that choice.

Associate
Ah, that makes more sense! Though I've watched it through - while he tracks Bianchi to a point, it does seem that he misses the impact. I guess it's possible it doesn't rotate that far, or it was too quick.

Yes, I was thinking it either didn't rotate that far round, or he didn't want to film what could have been a driver being killed in a crash.

Caporegime
I mean not dead as in their hiding it but dead as in he's being kept alive but nobodys home?

Yes, he could.

It's impossible for Doctors to determine with a high degree of certainty who will/won't make a recovery from this kind of accident and coma. We can only hope that the signs continue to be positive and he makes a recovery.

Man of Honour
Yes, he could.

It's impossible for Doctors to determine with a high degree of certainty who will/won't make a recovery from this kind of accident and coma. We can only hope that the signs continue to be positive and he makes a recovery.

No, chance of recovery is totally different than being dead and being kept alive by life support machines. It is very ease to diagnose brain dead, which there is no recovery.

Caporegime
No, chance of recovery is totally different than being dead and being kept alive by life support machines. It is very ease to diagnose brain dead, which there is no recovery.

An unrecoverable coma in which the patient has lost all higher brain functions permanently is, as far as I can see, indistinguishable from being dead. While doctors can detect certain forms of brain failure; they cannot detect them all.

Man of Honour
They can detect brain death and do.
Even unrecoverable, does not mean they are currently dead.

There is zero chance he is dead. Unless his parents have gone against doctors advice and keeping him on live support despite diagnosing brain death.

Man of Honour
Caporegime
I think the implicaton isn't that he didn't slow enough for the yellows (which he didn't but neither did anyone else), but more that he didn't slow because the team instructed him to do so.

What they are trying to get at is blaming Marussia for making him crash, which is no only inacurate, but incredibly insensitive at the moment.

Soldato
Ten-man FIA panel to examine Bianchi crash

The FIA has set up an Accident Panel to review Jules Bianchi’s accident at the Japanese Grand Prix.

Bianchi suffered serious head injuries in the crash two weeks ago, when his Marussia hit a recovery vehicle.

Professor Gerard Saillant, who has visited Bianchi in Japan and is president of the FIA institute and medical commission, will be part of the ten-man Accident Panel.

Ross Brawn and Stefano Domenicali, the former team principals of Mercedes and Ferrari respectively, are among those on the panel.

Emerson Fittipaldi, the president of the FIA Drivers’ Commission, and Alexander Wurz, the president of the GPDA, will also participate.

Also on the panel are Gerd Ennser, Eduardo de Freitas, Roger Peart and Antonio Rigozzi. Peter Wright, the chairman of the FIA Safety Commission, will serve as president of the panel.

The panel’s findings will be presented on December 3rd at the next meeting of the World Motor Sport Council in Doha, Qatar.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2014/10/20/fia-announces-panel-examine-bianchi-crash/

Interesting to see Ross Brawn and Stefano Domenicali in the panel.

Soldato
A good blend there. A technical opinion of the highest standard, a political petrolhead, one very experienced former successful driver and another more recent, yet still very experienced across a number of formula. Not much in the way of yes men either (amongst the known people anyway).

Back
Top Bottom