• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

HD7970 weird multi display issue

Soldato
I've discovered this weird bug with my 7970 where I get no display on boot if one of my two displays is off. One is connected to the HDMI port, the other to the DVI socket via a DVI/HDMI adapter.

If only one display is connected on boot it's all fine, as is when both are connected and on. It's just when both are conected and one is switched off that I get nothing at all.

Also, because I know you'll ask :p, one of the displays is a projector in another room which is why I need it to work with one or the other, not both together. Having to keep unplugging cables is not a solution. Drivers are 14.9.

So has anyone come across this before? Is my 7970 faulty? Should I try a DP/HDMI adapter instead of the DVI/HDMI?

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom