Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Anyone else been following Lond?
300%+ rise in the last 2 days and now suspended, don't feel to optimistic for the recent buyers!

Must admit i was tempted to day trade it but so glad i had my sensible hat on today.

Else its red all round :(

Wondered how that worked with the tube network :p apart from that I dont really know them :D
The company itself says equity must secede to debt. Ive owned suspended shares couple times and they came back but that sounds like its failed to make enough money or borrow at favourable terms.
Xcite had like 14% apr at one point with actual oil coming out of the ground so a mine with no goods must be even tougher
Certain rules oblige them to suspend I think though aim has been called lawless by some

Biggest sell off i have seen for a few month's anyone else want to add if we should now be looking at going long ?

http://www.lse.co.uk/sharecast-news...on_open:_sell-off_continues_as_uk_stocks_fall

One of the best things is to add gradually. So right now I think its a trend break with trend up lasting 3 years, it could fall back far more but I dont know. Basically it revolves around Federal reserve policy, if money gets expensive then shares which are often traded with borrowed money, are likely to go down in price. Companies themselves are leveraged for money taken vs money returned, so its like a balance between Bank rate VS company rate of return. AIM which has no returns can suffer badly, its just a yellow brick road on many

One margin account I had sold out, so Ive gone short effectively. I will buy them back and with any luck at a cheaper price. Ive bought some BP as I think they are maybe safest most possible good rate of return so share price shouldnt suffer massive

Last edited:

nam

nam

Soldato
Wondered how that worked with the tube network :p apart from that I dont really know them :D
The company itself says equity must secede to debt. Ive owned suspended shares couple times and they came back but that sounds like its failed to make enough money or borrow at favourable terms.
Xcite had like 14% apr at one point with actual oil coming out of the ground so a mine with no goods must be even tougher
Certain rules oblige them to suspend I think though aim has been called lawless by some

One of the best things is to add gradually. So right now I think its a trend break with trend up lasting 3 years, it could fall back far more but I dont know. Basically it revolves around Federal reserve policy, if money gets expensive then shares which are often traded with borrowed money, are likely to go down in price. Companies themselves are leveraged for money taken vs money returned, so its like a balance between Bank rate VS company rate of return. AIM which has no returns can suffer badly, its just a yellow brick road on many

One margin account I had sold out, so Ive gone short effectively. I will buy them back and with any luck at a cheaper price. Ive bought some BP as I think they are maybe safest most possible good rate of return so share price shouldnt suffer massive

Thank you, So if i was doing Technical analysis on a stock chart i would pull back to the the beginning of the year and draw my atlas line's from there. I am not sure how many people use this method ?

Soldato
Dow might have a trend up still but ftse has broken its sequence of each month increasing its lowest price. Falls are normal but a new low usually means upset or a sharp reversal if its incorrect
I bought some RMG
Trend, Atlas line, sequence or however momentum is labelled , human nature is an apparent influence in markets that is the main thing to note imo. Computers would do it all otherwise

Anyway QPP reported today and it seems good but the price was weak and fell from friday.
The broker keeps its EPS forecast at 59.7p for 2014 and 96.6p for 2015, putting Quindell on a price/earnings multiple of 2.6 and 1.6 respectively. This is cheap, but the usual caveats apply, and Quindell must establish a track record of growth to restore confidence and overcome market suspicion around the firm's business model.

Caporegime
Thank you, So if i was doing Technical analysis on a stock chart i would pull back to the the beginning of the year and draw my atlas line's from there. I am not sure how many people use this method ?

Sounds pretty arbitrary - why pick the beginning of the year as opposed to the end of January or the 12th of February?

Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
Talk about a blood bath the last week or so.

QPP.L seems to be getting to a tipping point. Will be interesting to see how it pans out as either a massive fraud or as a case of just how easily you can manipulate AIM stocks

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone here got any "Shire PLC" shares and If so are you currently frenching a shotgun?

With their deal with AbbVie falling through they have tanked over 22% in 2 days. I'ev started to consider buying shares and have started to do a lot fo reading and saw a report on Shire PLC today. I feel sorry for any of their investors to be honest!

Soldato
https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/warren-buffett-cuts-tesco-stake-091410867.html

I think people are reacting after the fact here. I thought Tesco rally was not the right time really so I guess I can agree with Buffet reducing though he is more hands off now.

BP is down to 400p and oil is down yes but I reckon selling is inaccurate.

So you are all in on sterling

u77Mnhw.png

Sorry for my amateurnish ss. Could you please explain the aforementioned graph? Im sure this it is simple and for shame on me to not understand it.

Back
Top Bottom