ArcheAge, Ultima Online's rebirth?

Associate
Unfortunately it wasn't fully accurate, couple mistakes in there, it was thrown together quickly while at work!

So apologies for that but it is Yellow Lures that you begin with, I am using Green ones and put that down by mistake, sorry about that cuffylad.

Associate
So I've finally gotten to level 30 something and my quests are now in an area where other players can attack you... which is fine... however how on earth can you continue playing a game where groups of level 50 players are just going around killing everyone continually? Reading the archeage forum I see that they say it's perfectly acceptable and to be expected and if that's what people wish to do then they're free to do so. I guess I assumed it was like RIFT in that you had to flag yourself for PvP but apparently not. Unfortunately that's the end of the game for me now as there's absolutely no fun in just logging in to die :confused:

Man of Honour
So I've finally gotten to level 30 something and my quests are now in an area where other players can attack you... which is fine... however how on earth can you continue playing a game where groups of level 50 players are just going around killing everyone continually? Reading the archeage forum I see that they say it's perfectly acceptable and to be expected and if that's what people wish to do then they're free to do so. I guess I assumed it was like RIFT in that you had to flag yourself for PvP but apparently not. Unfortunately that's the end of the game for me now as there's absolutely no fun in just logging in to die :confused:

Just go to the zone when its in peace and do the quests then, thats all the non-pvp players in our guild do. You can usually complete all the quests in 1 or 2 peace times and theres plenty to do while waiting for the Peace period to start.

Soldato
As Tombstone said go in peace or alternatively get in a guild. Certain zones are deserted Windscour springs to mind. Rockborn will have a lot of 50s grinding mobs for cash.

Remember you don't have to quest to get XP - you could craft it, fish etc. But one peace period and you can have a zone complete unless you are say a healer.

Associate
Unfortunately it wasn't fully accurate, couple mistakes in there, it was thrown together quickly while at work!

So apologies for that but it is Yellow Lures that you begin with, I am using Green ones and put that down by mistake, sorry about that cuffylad.

No problem mate, Im sure i will use them eventually.

Speaking of which, I should hit 10k fishing proficiency tonight, what is the next step? Go onto the open sea and look for birds in my clipper?

Soldato
No but I have crashed a lot and I never did before.

Still no word of when they are opening up the North. I am guessing they are going to leave it now until just before people need to renew patron.

Caporegime
i hit 90k fishing yesterday :D
got all the matts for a fishing boat just need to run 20 packs from my farm to cinderstone :D

The alliance I'm in dominates fishing no other guilds seem to be doing it although a few are just started to.

We usually have a full 50 man raid fishing LOL 24/7 there is a fishing group going I'm making so much money it's insane.

I did 1k each day the last 2 days fishing :D

Associate
i hit 90k fishing yesterday :D
got all the matts for a fishing boat just need to run 20 packs from my farm to cinderstone :D

The alliance I'm in dominates fishing no other guilds seem to be doing it although a few are just started to.

We usually have a full 50 man raid fishing LOL 24/7 there is a fishing group going I'm making so much money it's insane.

Nice mate, not sure if you have seen my question above but I have just hit 10k and got myself a steel rod and a selection of bait, do I just head out to sea and look for birds or are there specific places I should look etc?

Associate

You might be able to help me with my dilemma. You are spending most of your game time doing this? So what are you going to use all the money on?

I have made a fair amount from fishing too but I am finding it hard to justify doing more as I don't need anything, frankly the game is becoming boring.

More house/Farms - meh, why?
More boats - as above
Crafting - its buy all the mats and leave you char there processing, so meh

Other than PVP skirmishes, which the greatest armour makes little difference to unless 1v1 its seems pointless.

I think my MMO days may be numbered :)

Nice mate, not sure if you have seen my question above but I have just hit 10k and got myself a steel rod and a selection of bait, do I just head out to sea and look for birds or are there specific places I should look etc?

Yeah that's basically it, if you want money anyway. if you wants skills you can stick to eels on the mainland.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
You might be able to help me with my dilemma. You are spending most of your game time doing this? So what are you going to use all the money on?

I have made a fair amount from fishing too but I am finding it hard to justify doing more as I don't need anything, frankly the game is becoming boring.

More house/Farms - meh, why?
More boats - as above
Crafting - its buy all the mats and leave you char there processing, so meh

Other than PVP skirmishes, which the greatest armour makes little difference to unless 1v1 its seems pointless.

I think my MMO days may be numbered :)

I think what you are maybe hitting there , is the lack of "finish" to an MMO. That it never ends. Which can leave a person wondering what their ultimate aim is.

The things you have raised there for example, can be applied to almost any game on the market, not just MMOs.

I've just recently finished Alien Isolation for example, I could paraphrase your questions and apply them to Alien too.

I can craft items in Alien, but why?
I can advance through the levels, but why?
Unlock the next door and find the next keycard, why?

Equally I could switch genre, say to Civilization 5 and apply the same..

I can expand the size of one of my cities, but why?
I can get an alliance with the Aztecs, but why?
I can conquer all of the continent I am on, but why?

The answer to all of those questions, for all of the different genres, is a simple one. For enjoyment and fun, however, like everything in life, if something ceases to be enjoyable and fun then its best left behind and move on to the next enjoyable and fun thing, maybe you are just at that point in Archeage :)

Caporegime

tbh there's no point doing it without a fishing boat. as it would take so long for you to find anything worth fishing.

the ocean has specific points where fishing schools can appear though look for maps on google
auroria opens November the 4th I'll be saving for the farm wagon etc and high end gear for pvp

lies

Last edited:
Permabanned
Getting pretty bored now. PvP, at least what i've experienced, is mostly just a numbers game and there's really not much else to do other than gathering and crafting which i find tedious.

Soldato
Yep, I am not sure whether I have played too much but it's gone all Korean and everything to do now is seeming very repetitive and grindy. I am waiting now for the North to open and I'll see what that does to the game. I have a horrible feeling on Dahuta we won't even get any West guilds holding castles as there is only one West guild that does stuff and even though they are very good they don't have the numbers from what I can tell.

Soldato
Any one find the Labour system a problem later on? I finding the part of the game i enjoy like farming and livestock etc i have no labour left even after a potion (12hr CD) then im forced to pvp/quest.
Is not that i dont like the labour system but when your paying £10 a month and cant play how you want for as long as want i cant help feeling like giving up on the game?

Soldato
Yep, I found this a while back when you sub you kind of expect the whole game whereas the labour system stops you doing what you want when you want. Want to farm oh no labor, want to fish oh no labour, kill some mobs oh no labor for coinpurses etc. Which is fine for F2P but for patrons not so good imo.

Soldato
Yep, I found this a while back when you sub you kind of expect the whole game whereas the labour system stops you doing what you want when you want. Want to farm oh no labor, want to fish oh no labour, kill some mobs oh no labor for coinpurses etc. Which is fine for F2P but for patrons not so good imo.

needs to be 20 every 5 min for patrons imo never going to happen but :(

Soldato
needs to be 20 every 5 min for patrons imo never going to happen but :(

Not to overreact but i think for patron your right i really cant see me and my frends paying for a 2nd or 3rd month which is shame becuase i like the game, soon as your forced to do what someone else wants you to do the game stops being fun for me and hell im not paying for it :(

Soldato
I won't be renewing, the labor system is stupid it hinders paying customers. I haven't felt the urge to login for the last week or two which is a shame because there are some fun aspects to the game.

The way they handle the hackers is the topping though, those who have amassed wealth and resources cheating and got banned simply said sorry to a CSR and got unbanned and allowed to keep everything. :(

Back
Top Bottom