Parted magic + black screen

Associate
I've put the ISO on a usb, I boot from it and it loads a screen with some options on a GNU Grub screen.

I've tried a few of them and they just seem to result in a black/blank screen

Am I doing something wrong?

Associate
OP
use rufus to create bootable usb stick,should work fine

Used rufus to make the usb. I got into it using the graphical option (can't remmeber the exact wording). Told me the drive was froze.

Tried unplugging the ssd and going into erase again, didn't recognise the drive because it wasn't plugged in at boot I'm guessing

Plugged the ssd back in and booted again, borked my bios somehow, got an "ab" code and had to reset the cmos.

All back up and running and now the graphical option also just gives me a black/blank screen.

Seems very odd that I've got into parted magic a few times and now I can't at all. Is there any bios settings that could be impacting?

Associate
OP
Ye I clicked the option to sleep within parted magic. It wouldn't wake back up, or it probably did but blank screened again.

I don't have a cd I don't think to try.

I wonder if i have a dodgy ISO, where did you guys download it?

Associate
OP
Ok, downloaded the parted magic ISO called "pmagic_2014_09_29", worked first time.

How annoying, I spent a good few hours yesterday trying to get "pmagic_2013_08_01" to work. Not to mention the CMOS reset which resulted in me having to try remember all my previous bios settings for my overclock and re testing stability.

Lesson learnt, it's a 5 min job when you have an iso that works properly :)

Back
Top Bottom