******* Official Football Manager 2015 Thread *******

Soldato
SEGA have destroyed Total War series, CoH series and now FM.

Give this one a massive swerve as 14 was disgustingly ****.

I don't think Sega have any impact on the FM series. They own SI, but to my knowledge the top guys at FM central controlling the series are still SI ones. To my knowledge Sega just publish the game, as you would expect a publisher to do.

FM14 wasn't without it quirks, but nowhere near the point of it being unplayable. I enjoyed 14 as much as I did 13. I do think the series has lost a bit of what made it so awesome though. When the 2D top-down engine was first introduced you could identify players by their movement and what they did on the pitch, and I feel players are somehow less identifiable by style now - I feel less connected to the players during a match.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't think Sega have any impact on the FM series. They own SI, but to my knowledge the top guys at FM central controlling the series are still SI ones. To my knowledge Sega just publish the game, as you would expect a publisher to do.
As far as I know this is true. Sega act as publishers and the boss of SI, Miles Jacobsen, is still the boss and I would expect the senior staff for the FM series are the same as they were before the Sega takeover.

FM14 wasn't without it quirks, but nowhere near the point of it being unplayable. I enjoyed 14 as much as I did 13. I do think the series has lost a bit of what made it so awesome though. When the 2D top-down engine was first introduced you could identify players by their movement and what they did on the pitch, and I feel players are somehow less identifiable by style now - I feel less connected to the players during a match.
I do think that FM lost something when it went from 2D to 3D. There was a kind of charm perhaps that disappeared when 3D came in. I'm glad that at last we're now getting more stadium types depending on the size/location/age of the club.

Soldato
You could still watch the game in 2D? I haven't used the 3D format at all since it was introduced as the style of play looks nowhere near as fluent as the 2D engine.

The early release HAS toe be soon - I'm going nuts with anticipation.

Caporegime
We're literally upto 4 days away from the Beta launch (Not that it's really a beta)
It's killing me.

I'm hammering my FM14 save, and I don't know if I'll be able to give it up so well! Got 2 up and coming CB's (Both 17, one's World Class Potential, the other Star Premiership). I've got a 16 year old CM who's World Class Potential. I've got a up and coming 16 year old Star Premiership MR. I've got a World Class Potential AMC and finally a Star Premiership ST.

Adding in that my current squad is average age of 26 and I've won the PL 4 times in a row, I'm dominating the PL, I've got Englands highest ever Goal Scorer with 79 goals and he's 27. He may very well get the highest goal scorer of all time at International level.

My current No 1 Striker is 24 years old (Isn't scoring as high in International as I switch his role around, but I could have probably made him set records) scored 50 goals in 50 games last season.
I have a 26 year old MR who's getting about 30 assists a season too, winning awards left right and centre.

A 22 AMC who's blasting through teams. (Probably make him more a more CM role when he turns 27 as my current CM is 26, switch out current AMC for my up and coming one, and rotate this guy with my WC up and coming CM)

But then again. As a Boro supporter FM15 *should* be very interesting. Boro's 14/15 team is pretty stellar, and should get promotion in the first 2 years with no additional changes (Assuming one can re-loan Omeruo). But then I don't even know if I'd want to dismantle the team :p

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Anyone used cdkeys.com before, are they ok? They have it at £21.99, wished I'd ordered it from them when it was just over £20!

[Edit: Just noticed that is without the Beta access and over £25 with Beta, where is the cheapest with full Beta access?]

Associate
Watch out on cdkey sites FM15 is region locked yet they all seem to say region free.

They are starting to send out the keys now I read so hopefully we'll get it before friday!

Associate
I usually upgrade every 2 years, it means there are enough changes to make it feel like worthwhile upgrade. The gmg offer is the cheapest I've seen it from a "legit" site so far.

Soldato
The beta should be available on friday hopefully with the full game to be released 2 weeks later. If you have the beta the game will just update on release day and your be good to go.

Ordered mine from GMG but dont know when i will receive the key to be able to pre load and play the beta

Back
Top Bottom