ISIS and Islamic militants - discussion

Soldato
All the muslims and Islam are to blame :rolleyes:

Some of you are pathetic. Can't differentiate the difference between political and religious motivation.

Anyways, now this is an interesting point:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...to-slow-Isil-recruitment-says-John-Kerry.html

'Solve the Israel-Palestine issue to slow Isil recruitment,' says John Kerry

He has a good point - Showing willingness to resolve this long outstanding conflict would debunk a lot of the claims of ISIL that the West are evulz.

Last edited:
Soldato
I suspect there is a very clear direction from UK government. Remove this scum in theatre, we don't want them back, shoot to kill etc.

Quite. I wondered how the family found out before the news did. Maybe there is some form of contact between certain families and ISIS.

Maybe there's a messenger delivering the bad news in england :confused:.

Unless the government is specifically targeting the british jihads and scoring them off a list...

Soldato
It's not a worthless comparisson at all. Think about it a bit more...

For someone to have the ability to go abroad and kill in the name of religion, imo, means there is something deeply rooted within the individual. It has just been brought out.

It's that deep rooted problem that is incurable.

I agree it is a problem. It could be specific to apathetic or shunned individuals. Or it could be grooming that happens by adults with an agenda over the course of many years.

I am not sure how it happens but the fact that it does means we are failing. We do not tolerate any other kind of grooming or manipulation, yet if it is a Muslim being radicalised they are automatically classed as a terrorist.

We see it in many walks of life. For example drug dealers giving young kids drugs to deal or get hooked on. It pulls them into a dark world and they use manipulation and violence to reinforce their power over those young people.

Soldato
I agree it is a problem. It could be specific to apathetic or shunned individuals. Or it could be grooming that happens by adults with an agenda over the course of many years.

I am not sure how it happens but the fact that it does means we are failing. We do not tolerate any other kind of grooming or manipulation, yet if it is a Muslim being radicalised they are automatically classed as a terrorist.

We see it in many walks of life. For example drug dealers giving young kids drugs to deal or get hooked on. It pulls them into a dark world and they use manipulation and violence to reinforce their power over those young people.

That's because they become terrorists by the very definition. Extremists terrorise. In all aspects.

I agree though, we are failing. But HOW do you stop it? Thanks to the liberals you can't talk about it anymore through fear of being called a racist or a islamaphobe.

Associate
I agree though, we are failing. But HOW do you stop it? Thanks to the liberals you can't talk about it anymore through fear of being called a racist or a islamaphobe.

Exactly what happened in Rotherham and quite a few other areas, somebody early said we don't allow any other kind of grooming, really ?

Caporegime
Anyways, now this is an interesting point:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...to-slow-Isil-recruitment-says-John-Kerry.html

He has a good point - Showing willingness to resolve this long outstanding conflict would debunk a lot of the claims of ISIL that the West are evulz.

Is that all? Let's schedule a meeting for next Tuesday afternoon then and thrash out the issues. Sad to say that I don't believe the Israel-Palestine conflict is solvable right now because both sides would prefer to keep fighting.

In any case, I don't believe it'd make much difference - the West "solved" the persecution of Muslims in Bosnia and Kosovo but that seems to always get forgotten - there'd just be some other conflict somewhere in the world where Muslims dying at the hands of non-Muslims would be seen as an injustice. My view is if these conflicts are seen by individuals as justification for going on a jihad then those individuals are part of the problem and not the solution.

Soldato
Exactly what happened in Rotherham and quite a few other areas, somebody early said we don't allow any other kind of grooming, really ?

More and more of this will come out over the next 5 years.

Police pushed it underground to not stir up racial tensions in the UK against Pakistani's.

Truth is, what these minorities were doing was abhorent and have ruined thousands if not 10's of thousands of lives.

But you couldn't talk about it then because you would be racist and stiring up racial tension.

We failed those children massively.

Soldato
Rabies is an incurable infection. Being ill-informed, lied to, brainwashed, whatever you want to call it is not. Drop the worthless comparisons.

hum.... I'm not sure a agree with that, yes there are cases of deprogramming that works in cults but i haven't heard of any cases where someone who ends up being a jihadist changes his mind and goes "hang on"

an extreme ideology can sometimes be as incurable

Associate
hum.... I'm not sure a agree with that, yes there are cases of deprogramming that works in cults but i haven't heard of any cases where someone who ends up being a jihadist changes his mind and goes "hang on"

an extreme ideology can sometimes be as incurable

It's the go-to excuse nowadays that they're all poor impoverished boys radicalised by nasty preachers.

I simply cannot believe that certain posters on here are sitting down bashing a keyboard to sympathise with and excuse some of the most barbaric individuals ever to walk this earth.

It makes you wonder about what other extreme views they have if they don't see a lot wrong with what's going on in the middle east.

Caporegime
It's the go-to excuse nowadays that they're all poor impoverished boys radicalised by nasty preachers.

I simply cannot believe that certain posters on here are sitting down bashing a keyboard to sympathise with and excuse some of the most barbaric individuals ever to walk this earth.

It makes you wonder about what other extreme views they have if they don't see a lot wrong with what's going on in the middle east.

If you're expecting people to have similar thoughts as you, they wouldn't be any different to those you criticise.

rpg

rpg

Associate
Hum, i am Latino and arguably is a far smaller minority than most so i can pull the race card out :D

Pull the race card out? What does that even mean? And even if it does mean something, is it actually applicable and appropriate in relation to your origin? :confused:

Soldato
I do worry about some posters here, particularly zoomee, i have been reading his posts in various threads for some months now and it strike me as someone who on his way to being radicalised. And as another poster pointed out a few weeks ago i wouldn't be surprised if he was on some watch list somewhere.

Pull the race card out? What does that even mean? And even if it does, is it actually applicable and appropriate relating to your origin? :confused:

Silly joke, deal with it, i was taking the mickey of certain individuals who get upperty and offended at the drop of the hat and resort to pulling the race card out even if it hasn't anything to do with race at all.

Last edited:
Soldato
If you're expecting people to have similar thoughts as you, they wouldn't be any different to those you criticise.

So you are saying that people who criticise, or who lack sympathy for the ISIS followers and sympathisers are just as bad as these very same terrorists.

lulwut?

Bashing your keyboard against ISIS and it's sympathisers sends a very different message to bashing you keyboard sympathising with them... granted they both don't actually do very much in the grand scheme of things.

Back
Top Bottom